Susie's example of 'Tensions'

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Martin Smith
Acolyte

Susie's example of 'Tensions'

Post by Martin Smith »

Was the Middle East really the smartest example to use, considering the backgrounds of the people present in Monday's game? I wonder how many complaints it will receive, and whether they considered editing it our or reshooting it?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Susie's example of 'Tensions'

Post by Charlie Reams »

Martin Smith wrote:Was the Middle East really the smartest example to use, considering the backgrounds of the people present in Monday's game? I wonder how many complaints it will receive, and whether they considered editing it our or reshooting it?
What, because people whose grandparents lived in Asia would be offended by the suggestion that there is tension in the Middle East?
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Martin Smith wrote:Was the Middle East really the smartest example to use, considering the backgrounds of the people present in Monday's game? I wonder how many complaints it will receive, and whether they considered editing it our or reshooting it?
:roll:
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Martin Smith wrote:I wonder how many complaints it will receive
I'll guess at "none". Anyone else?
Damian E
Enthusiast

Post by Damian E »

Martin Smith wrote:Was the Middle East really the smartest example to use, considering the backgrounds of the people present in Monday's game?
It was a perfect example of how the plural of tension is used.
Martin Smith wrote: I wonder how many complaints it will receive
To date, none.
Martin Smith wrote: and whether they considered editing it our or reshooting it?
We held several meetings, involving advisors from the Vatican and Terry Waite, but after much deliberation it was decided we take the risk...... what exactly would we edit it for?
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Yawn.

Are there any other allowable examples of TENSIONS in the ODE2r, eg TENSIONS in mathematics or possibly sexual TENSIONS? I'd like to hear Susie talk about those :P
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:Yawn.

Are there any other allowable examples of TENSIONS in the ODE2r, eg TENSIONS in mathematics or possibly sexual TENSIONS? I'd like to hear Susie talk about those :P
Don't get me going, Dinos...