Who's The Best Countdown DC Newbie? (Part 3)

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.

Who's The Best Countdown DC Newbie?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:54 pm

William Roache
No votes
Gary Wilmot
No votes
Alistair McGowan
36%
Jonathan Maitland
No votes
Debra Stephenson
No votes
Mark Durden-Smith
7%
Carol Smillie
No votes
Patti Clare
No votes
Delia Smith
No votes
Jon Culshaw
43%
Michael Vaughan
7%
Robin Cousins
7%

Total votes: 14

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Who's The Best Countdown DC Newbie? (Part 3)

Post by James Robinson »

Following on from my poll on this last year and the year before, I'd thought I'd redo it, while we wait for Countdown to properly return.

Out of the 12 new guests since the last poll, who has been the best in your opinion :?:
Mark James
Kiloposter

Re: Who's The Best Countdown DC Newbie? (Part 3)

Post by Mark James »

While Alistair was great and I surprisingly enjoyed Mark Durden-Smith I've gone for Jon Culshaw. For me he seemed really excited about being there and playing along. I hope all three get to return.
Martin Bishop
Enthusiast

Post by Martin Bishop »

Went for Culshaw, without whom, we'd have never uncovered Graeme's secret talent.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Has to be Jon Culshaw, basically for the reasons Mark's mentioned. He was like that both on and off screen. When we were having the group photo done, someone called him "Rory", whereupon he started impersonating Rory Bremner. And at one point when I was heading back to the studio from the dressing room, I passed him going the other way, and he put on his famous Tom Baker voice and said "good show, Brigadier" by way of congratulations.

Look forward to seeing him on the show again some time. Hopefully he'll continue to engage with the contestants as well as he did then. Perhaps even get them to help out with the impressions again. :-)
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Just a week to go until Countdown returns (Thank God :!: ), which also means that there's just a week left of voting too.

Who will join Tim Vine & Gino D'Acampo in the best newbie hall of fame :?:

It seems to be a close call between Alistair McGowan & Jon Culshaw, at the moment..........