Damian Eadie in the Sports News .... ?!?

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Keith Bennett
Acolyte

Damian Eadie in the Sports News .... ?!?

Post by Keith Bennett »

Just saw this from Tom's first show on Tuesday:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... -countdown

Don't know about anyone else but was so busy failing to solve it I never noticed what it spelt out at the time.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Damian Eadie in the Sports News .... ?!?

Post by Matt Morrison »

Yeah it's been discussed in the spoiler thread already, Keith.

The article is actually all around the web - I've stumbled upon two today already without even trying to (one was on the Metro website, can't remember where the other was). Seems to be one of those ones where the text is pretty much the same wherever you go, a paragraph of Channel 4 statement and a couple of paragraphs of football-based background.

And yeah I didn't notice it at the time either.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Yeah, James Doohan just pointed me at this. Brilliant! Kudos Damian.
Keith Bennett
Acolyte

Post by Keith Bennett »

Matt Morrison wrote:Yeah it's been discussed in the spoiler thread already, Keith.

The article is actually all around the web - I've stumbled upon two today already without even trying to (one was on the Metro website, can't remember where the other was). Seems to be one of those ones where the text is pretty much the same wherever you go, a paragraph of Channel 4 statement and a couple of paragraphs of football-based background.

And yeah I didn't notice it at the time either.

So it has - don't tend to look at them once they are a couple of days old. Wonder what they will come up with if Blackpool also go down.

Not that I care - the Canaries are up, and presumably coincidentally as it would have been recorded before that was confirmed, Delia's in dictionary corner next week.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Keith Bennett wrote:Not that I care - the Canaries are up, and presumably coincidentally as it would have been recorded before that was confirmed, Delia's in dictionary corner next week.
Not true, Delia's stint in DC was only recorded on Monday, the day before the celebrations in Norwich. So, there'll probably a good mention of that.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Matt Morrison wrote:Yeah it's been discussed in the spoiler thread already, Keith.
There should be a rule against putting anything interesting in spoiler threads. I notice several users have been self-enforcing this rule for some time.