Shaving (other)

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Shaving (other)

Post by Ben Hunter »

This thread is dedicated to the act of shaving parts of your body that exist from the neck down.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Re: Shaving (other)

Post by Michael Wallace »

Ben Hunter wrote:This thread is dedicated to the act of shaving parts of your body that exist from the neck down.
So it's not just me who shaves whilst doing handstands?
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

I once shaved my chest, apart from the nips. Wasn't brave enough.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Ian Volante wrote:I once shaved my chest, apart from the nips. Wasn't brave enough.
I have far too much body hair to even contemplate it; I did shave my nether regions which made everything seem somewhat grander; I woke up to find an ex-girlfriend trying to wax my shoulder hair.

At some point this may have become too much information I think it was at "I".
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I used to shave my armpits when I was about 18. I don't really know why, I just did it once and it was kinda satisfying.

I believe Matt Morrison has a photo which will win this thread hands-down, but I won't deny him his precious precious Likes.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

David O'Donnell wrote:I woke up to find an ex-girlfriend trying to wax my shoulder hair.
How ex- was she? If you'd split up like 4 years ago and not really spoken for ages, that could have been quite terrifying.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ian Volante wrote:I once shaved my chest, apart from the nips. Wasn't brave enough.
I don't get this. I just checked my nipples and I don't actually grow hair out of them, I thought this was normal. I'm fully hairy but the hairs don't start until the nipple stops.
Also, it's funny how you measure braveness, I'd say sporting a clean-shaven chest and two really hairy nipples (if I'm understanding that right) would be a pretty brave look.
Ryan Taylor wrote:Don't shave your pubic hair it causes itching, use scissors instead to trim the area.
I don't necessarily agree, but that's cos "shave" is fairly ambiguous. I presume you mean wet shaving, which yes I would agree with (Ian - wet-shaving your sack, now that's brave) but I again (see other thread) use my super-universal beard trimmer to do my testicles, biffon, groin and pubic region, and I never get much discomfort at all, not even when it starts to grow back over the next couple of days.

I keep my pubes under control all the time, it still shocks me when blokes think this is weird, and it's probably revealing that no girl I've ever met has found it weird, cos it's actually pretty thoughtful, especially if you expect a blowjob. And I always expect a blowjob. It looks neat, possibly has the advantage of making your wang look more wangy, but definitely makes your wang look more approachable and cared for.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Charlie Reams wrote:I believe Matt Morrison has a photo which will win this thread hands-down, but I won't deny him his precious precious Likes.

From this thread: http://www.c4countdown.co.uk/viewtopic. ... &sk=t&sd=a
Though not sure how many likes I'll get for it, I only got two fucking responses when I posted it the first time and thought everyone would have enjoyed a good laugh at it!

In general though, I don't ever trim my chest, or my back (my 'angel wings'). The only bits I keep on top of (whenever I shave my head) are neck and a bit of shoulders - i.e. anything that can pop out of a t-shirt neck quite easily.

I had my back waxed once because I felt like trying it, and wanted to be all smooth for sunbathing at Reading Festival. It was one of the most painful experiences of my life (not all over, but certain areas were) and I came up ALL OVER my back in tiny little really itchy abrasion 'spots', possibly due in no small part to my general sensitive-skin-ness. It was so bad that it was a constant burden of itchy pain for the whole weekend, and quite the opposite from being able to show off my smooth back, I had to keep a t-shirt on at all times. Never again.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

What's the best way for getting rid of bum hair (to prevent them bastard tagnuts)?
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Ryan Taylor wrote:What's the best way for getting rid of bum hair (to prevent them bastard tagnuts)?
For me, probably napalm.
Matt Morrison wrote:
I don't get this. I just checked my nipples and I don't actually grow hair out of them, I thought this was normal. I'm fully hairy but the hairs don't start until the nipple stops.
Also, it's funny how you measure braveness, I'd say sporting a clean-shaven chest and two really hairy nipples (if I'm understanding that right) would be a pretty brave look.
Interesting points. The braveness (or lack thereof) was from me not wanting to wet shave around my nipple-areas for fear of painful nicks. As for having hairy nips and clean-shavenness otherwise, I didn't think it looked as bad as all that strangely enough. I certainly thought about it.

I suppose mitigation comes in the fact that I didn't take all the hair off my abdomen, just off my tits and above, as the hair on my belly sort of comes to a point at my diaphragm before the jungle hair higher up takes over. This decision avoided the awkwardness of having to decide where to stop shaving my belly - a line around my waist would have looked ridiculous, and there was no obvious other stopping-point before my pubes, and they weren't coming off! Plus it was a big enough job just taking off what I did. That razor was pretty blunt afterwards, another reason it didn't get near my paps!
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Ryan Taylor wrote:What's the best way for getting rid of bum hair (to prevent them bastard tagnuts)?
HTH
Lowering the averages since 2009