New sub-forum

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.

Should we have a dedicated sub-forum for Countdown puzzles, quizzes and other stuff like that?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:24 pm

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 15

Charlie Reams
Site Admin

New sub-forum

Post by Charlie Reams »

I pondered this recently and Ben raised it again today, so here's a chance to have your say. This democracy thing is so much easier than leadership!

Personally I doubt I'd bother to read the puzzles if they were in a different sub-forum, but that's just me. Your votes and thoughts please.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Re: New sub-forum

Post by JimBentley »

It's a landslide! But yes, it would make a lot of sense.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Charlie Reams wrote:I pondered this recently and Ben raised it again today, so here's a chance to have your say. This democracy thing is so much easier than leadership!

Personally I doubt I'd bother to read the puzzles if they were in a different sub-forum, but that's just me. Your votes and thoughts please.
I personally think that there needs to be some form of order because there are so many new threads being started every day in here, and its hard to keep track, especially when some threads don't even need to be started, because they are that pointless (and most will agree).

You could go through the threads and delete these inappropriate threads, but I feel they (and more irrelevant threads) will be started.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I will merge such pointless threads when I see them, but I don't have the time or inclination to micromanage our members. Please think carefully before starting new threads.
Ben Pugh
Enthusiast

Post by Ben Pugh »

No, what's the point? It's hardly like any of the current sub-forums are suffering under the weight of puzzles.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Ben Pugh wrote:No, what's the point? It's hardly like any of the current sub-forums are suffering under the weight of puzzles.
The current sub-forums have been created to focus on specific things, so there are limitations as to what you can post in there. With the General thread, all you have to do is make sure that the thread "sounds like" its something to do with Countdown and it can be posted in there.
mackenzie

Post by mackenzie »

Perhaps a more useful subforum to have would be "Hypothetical international versions of Countdown and its potential hosts".
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

I don't see the point though of focusing on hypothetical versions of Countdown, when we already have a version/series of Countdown which has proven so far to be outstanding with the contestants its had and how long most of them have only lasted for thinking they would go further (loads in the current series already).
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

Post by Richard Brittain »

I was really hoping this would be for a new sub-forum about wild fungi. I voted no.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

No, I don't think we should have a sub-forum for Countdown puzzles because I think the Spoilers forum is for that.

Posting on that forum is your chance to amaze us with your great Countdown playing.