George Robertson

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

George Robertson

Post by Freddie Milverton »

Any info on George Robertson who appeared on today's show?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: George Robertson

Post by Matt Morrison »

Congratulations on the scariest first post ever.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Congratulations on the scariest closeup ever
Last edited by Freddie Milverton on Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Could someone post a photo of this guy? I can't really be bothered to reboot into Vista to watch it on 4oD, but the way people are going on about him...
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

What an apathetic lot! All you're interested in is the games and stats! There's (sometimes) more to Countdown than that!
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Freddie Milverton wrote:What an apathetic lot! All you're interested in is the games and stats! There's (sometimes) more to Countdown than that!
Games and stats are easy to obtain - information about particular contestants isn't and can be obtrusive. Either try to find him on facebook or ask the Countdown team if you can have his address so you can stalk him.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Michael Wallace wrote:Could someone post a photo of this guy? I can't really be bothered to reboot into Vista to watch it on 4oD, but the way people are going on about him...
Here's a screen cap I just took.

Freddie Milverton
Rookie

8-)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Seriously, this thread is wrong.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Yum.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Matt Morrison wrote:Seriously, this thread is wrong.
don't be scared
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Matt Morrison wrote:Seriously, this thread is wrong.
Maybe so, but the crazy stalker guy had it right earlier in the thread - your new avatar is deeply disturbing, Matt.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

I can't believe that nobody would've posted anything about George if I hadn't started this thread!!! :o famousmales forum this ain't!!!! Like, look up from your notepads ocassionally! Matt n Jim's weird reaction to this thread says it all! You're obviously not used to discussing anything but games, stats, and maybe the width of Jeff's ties.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Freddie Milverton wrote:You're obviously not used to discussing anything but games, stats, and maybe the width of Jeff's ties.
True :oops:
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Freddie Milverton wrote:I can't believe that nobody would've posted anything about George if I hadn't started this thread!!! :o famousmales forum this ain't!!!! Like, look up from your notepads ocassionally! Matt n Jim's weird reaction to this thread says it all! You're obviously not used to discussing anything but games, stats, and maybe the width of Jeff's ties.
Wait, I'm confused. What is supposed to be remarkable about this guy to warrant a whole new topic (he was discussed in the spoilers thread for his show). Is it merely his (fairly average) looks?
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Freddie Milverton wrote:I can't believe that nobody would've posted anything about George if I hadn't started this thread!!! :o famousmales forum this ain't!!!! Like, look up from your notepads ocassionally! Matt n Jim's weird reaction to this thread says it all! You're obviously not used to discussing anything but games, stats, and maybe the width of Jeff's ties.
Pfft. He's no Bevins. :P
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

oh man, I don't get you c4countdowners! Your heads are too full of stats, jackets and ties!!!
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Oh right, it's just a troll. Moving on...
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Michael Wallace wrote:Oh right, it's just a troll. Moving on...
Like I'm a troll, but not Matt n Jim for their comments?! I'm not being provocative, it's just that I can't believe my thread has provoked such an indifferent reaction! Maybe I should post some more caps... would that help?
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Freddie Milverton wrote:Like I'm a troll, but not Matt n Jim for their comments?! I'm not being provocative, it's just that I can't believe my thread has provoked such an indifferent reaction! Maybe I should post some more caps... would that help?
Well you still haven't explained precisely why we should care about this guy, which was something I asked a few posts back. Instead you just proceeded to (I presume) try and insult us.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Michael Wallace wrote:
Freddie Milverton wrote:Like I'm a troll, but not Matt n Jim for their comments?! I'm not being provocative, it's just that I can't believe my thread has provoked such an indifferent reaction! Maybe I should post some more caps... would that help?
Well you still haven't explained precisely why we should care about this guy, which was something I asked a few posts back. Instead you just proceeded to (I presume) try and insult us.
I've been congratulated on the "scariest first post ever" and called a "crazy stalker guy" by two of you. If they're not insults, I don't know what are! That was long before I was provoked into retaliating. What's to explain Michael? Haven't you seen friday's show yet?
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Freddie Milverton wrote:What's to explain Michael? Haven't you seen friday's show yet?
I haven't, no, and the effort to do so is currently winning the battle with my desire. Is it really something that can't just be explained?
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

I don't see what the problem is.
Freddie finds George Robertson attractive and sought more information (including pictures) of him.
I can't quite understand how that can lapse into some kind of dispute.
He is not the first contestant to be admired, and he won`t be the last.
Am I missing something? I can`t understand the tension.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Ralph Gillions wrote:I don't see what the problem is.
Freddie finds George Robertson attractive and sought more information (including pictures) of him.
See, I presumed it was simply that, but were that the case I don't really understand why this Freddie person finds it so ridiculous that none of us really care. This forum is mostly (as far as I'm aware) made up of heterosexual males, not a group you would really expect to care that much about this sort of thing.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Michael Wallace wrote:
Freddie Milverton wrote:What's to explain Michael? Haven't you seen friday's show yet?
I haven't, no, and the effort to do so is currently winning the battle with my desire. Is it really something that can't just be explained?
The answers lie in 4oD. You've seen the pic, what's with the wait? Just don't expect too much, match wise... as good as it is, the game's kinda incidental in this instance... y'know.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Freddie Milverton wrote:
Michael Wallace wrote:
The answers lie in 4oD. You've seen the pic, what's with the wait? Just don't expect too much, match wise... as good as it is, the game's kinda incidental in this instance... y'know.
Remember earlier when you won 'scariest first post'? You've just won 'scariest first ten posts' now.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Ralph Gillions wrote:I don't see what the problem is.
Perfectly put. But I've obviously come to the wrong place...
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Ben Wilson wrote: Remember earlier when you won 'scariest first post'? You've just won 'scariest first ten posts' now.
What's so 'scary' about thinking he's fit and wanting to know more about him? Huh? I just don't get it! But I'll ask around tonight and report my findings tomorrow! In the meantime... boo! Man, you're so easily scared! :lol:
D Eadie
Devotee

Post by D Eadie »

Has this site been renamed Frenulum Reunited?
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Freddie Milverton wrote:
Ben Wilson wrote: Remember earlier when you won 'scariest first post'? You've just won 'scariest first ten posts' now.
What's so 'scary' about thinking he's fit and wanting to know more about him? Huh? I just don't get it! But I'll ask around tonight and report my findings tomorrow! In the meantime... boo! Man, you're so easily scared! :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Simon Myers
Enthusiast

Post by Simon Myers »

Perhaps amusingly, a quick Google search reveals that Freddie isn't alone on this matter:
http://www.fmforums.co.uk/forums/index. ... pic=111165
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Simon Myers wrote:Perhaps amusingly, a quick Google search reveals that Freddie isn't alone on this matter:
http://www.fmforums.co.uk/forums/index. ... pic=111165
That's many more times as terrifying as this thread. Especially the fact that one photo is clearly an off-air shot, meaning that some amount of effort - a weird amount of effort - was put into creating that post.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

oh it's sunday. somebody stop the sun shining thru the curtains. i bumped into my house master last night and even he couldn't understand why people were scared of this thread! that's so weird. ok, would it scare you too much if I posted a new thread later... somethin along the lines of 'hot celeb guys we'd like to see in Dictionary corner' :?: Top of the list, apart from George of course (who qualifies coz he's in a band and an is the undisputed star of countdown so far this year), is Justin Gaston (Miley Cyrus' bf), but i could fill this forum with names!
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

How stalky. I bet you love the tv show skins too dont you?
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Freddie Milverton wrote:oh it's sunday. somebody stop the sun shining thru the curtains. i bumped into my house master last night and even he couldn't understand why people were scared of this thread! that's so weird. ok, would it scare you too much if I posted a new thread later... somethin along the lines of 'hot celeb guys we'd like to see in Dictionary corner' :?: Top of the list, apart from George of course (who qualifies coz he's in a band and an is the undisputed star of countdown so far this year), is Justin Gaston (Miley Cyrus' bf), but i could fill this forum with names!
Why is he a celebrity, just because he is in a band. Also did you actually show your housemaster this thread? How sad.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

RB.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Freddie Milverton wrote:oh it's sunday. somebody stop the sun shining thru the curtains. i bumped into my house master last night and even he couldn't understand why people were scared of this thread! that's so weird.
Your housemaster sees nothing wrong in inviting other people (most of whom are adults) to discuss the sexual attractiveness of a 17 year old boy? He must be very, um, progressive.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

JimBentley wrote:
Your housemaster sees nothing wrong in inviting other people (most of whom are adults) to discuss the sexual attractiveness of a 17 year old boy? He must be very, um, progressive.

Well, the aoc is 16, so what's the problem in discussing it? If this was X-F forum, we'd be discussing it! Why is Countdown forum so different??? I mentioned it to my hm cuz i guess he is around the same age of some of you 'adults' and he actually watches countdown. I just said i'd had some agro from certain c4c'ers about my posting about a boy I saw on countdown and he was puzzled by the hostile/negative reaction. But maybe it's as Michael points out: 'This forum is mostly (as far as I'm aware) made up of heterosexual males, not a group you would really expect to care that much about this sort of thing.' By implication, I guess that must mean that the Countdown audience is mostly heterosexual male...and that maybe I can watch the show but shouldn't participate?
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Freddie Milverton wrote:...and that maybe I can watch the show but shouldn't participate?
Rubbish. We're not that homophobic.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Freddie Milverton wrote:oh it's sunday. somebody stop the sun shining thru the curtains. i bumped into my house master last night and even he couldn't understand why people were scared of this thread! that's so weird. ok, would it scare you too much if I posted a new thread later... somethin along the lines of 'hot celeb guys we'd like to see in Dictionary corner' :?: Top of the list, apart from George of course (who qualifies coz he's in a band and an is the undisputed star of countdown so far this year), is Justin Gaston (Miley Cyrus' bf), but i could fill this forum with names!
Why is he a celebrity, just because he is in a band. Also did you actually show your housemaster this thread? How sad.
no, but if he's interested enough to check it out I'm sure he'll find it. I didn't mean like a big celebrity (yet), just a normal celebrity.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Kai Laddiman wrote:
Freddie Milverton wrote:...and that maybe I can watch the show but shouldn't participate?
Rubbish. We're not that homophobic.
that says it all
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Freddie Milverton wrote: no, but if he's interested enough to check it out I'm sure he'll find it. I didn't mean like a big celebrity (yet), just a normal celebrity.
He's not a normal celebrity.

The problem I have is you come onto here and you slag us off for only liking ties, stats and games yet we don't analyse the sexual attractiveness of every single contestant, male or female and discuss their appearance and life at length. How ridiculous. I'm sure you're a pleasure to have a conversation with...
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Freddie Milverton wrote:
JimBentley wrote:Your housemaster sees nothing wrong in inviting other people (most of whom are adults) to discuss the sexual attractiveness of a 17 year old boy? He must be very, um, progressive.
Well, the aoc is 16, so what's the problem in discussing it? If this was X-F forum, we'd be discussing it! Why is Countdown forum so different???
Yes, but until comparatively recently it was 18 between males. Surely you understand why some of us old farts would be slightly uncomfortable with this topic?
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

JimBentley wrote:
Freddie Milverton wrote:
JimBentley wrote:Your housemaster sees nothing wrong in inviting other people (most of whom are adults) to discuss the sexual attractiveness of a 17 year old boy? He must be very, um, progressive.
Well, the aoc is 16, so what's the problem in discussing it? If this was X-F forum, we'd be discussing it! Why is Countdown forum so different???
Yes, but until comparatively recently it was 18 between males. Surely you understand why some of us old farts would be slightly uncomfortable with this topic?
I guess I didn't stop to think about that... I didn't know it was 18 before either, I've just googled it. To be honest i thought there'd be loads of posts about GR before I started this thread I was amazed there weren't but I totally misjudged this forum, I see that now, but I just thought this was the logical place to come. But i still can't get why talking about fit contestants is so off limits here, it's like a major part of all other tv forums! There must be other young people here who want to talk about stuff. But I don't spend the whole time going on about how fit this or that guy is. Yeh I started this thread and have been vocal about GR but mostly cuz of the apathy an hostility!!!! I know certain people with issues have held back posting stronger stuff and it must be frustrating for them not to be able to call me a ******* ***** or whatever.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Freddie Milverton wrote:i bumped into my house master last night
House master of what, the nut house?
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Freddie Milverton wrote:There must be other young people here who want to talk about stuff
That's where I step in and save the day :D
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

If I see a fit girl on Countdown (which is rare) I might mention it briefly in the spoilers thread but I wouldn't start a whole thread demanding more information on the particular girl. There are a few homosexual males on this board and they might allude to people being attractive but they don't start an entire thread about it. I'm shocked you think demanding information on a 17 year old boy who is fit is the norm.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Kirk Bevins wrote:If I see a fit girl on Countdown (which is rare) I might mention it briefly in the spoilers thread but I wouldn't start a whole thread demanding more information on the particular girl. There are a few homosexual males on this board and they might allude to people being attractive but they don't start an entire thread about it. I'm shocked you think demanding information on a 17 year old boy who is fit is the norm.
Very well said Kirk. This is the exact issue.
If anyone spends even five minutes reading other posts here, it doesn't take long to realise that we're a pretty open bunch, pretty explicit at times, and definitely not homophobic.
Sexuality has nothing to do with the reasons why turning up at a forum and asking for information and pictures on some 'fit' contestant in your first post are wrong.
If Freddie Milverton was real I'm fairly sure he'd have a Facebook account. He doesn't, and that's why I shouted "RB".
That doesn't stop this whole thread being utter nonsense - if Freddie was a real person, and he really thought that it was ok to join a forum in this way, then nothing we say will change his mind.
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

Oh dear oh dear.
I love everybody.

(well, nearly everybody.)
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

[quote="Matt Morrison"] If Freddie Milverton was real I'm fairly sure he'd have a Facebook account. [quote]
I know a lot of real people who do not have a Facebook account.
Just thought I'd mention it.
(Oops, I did the quote business wrong)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I also know plenty of people who don't have a Facebook account, I'm not sure that was the point I was making.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

I am so sorry to disapoint you but not everyone on the planet is a slave to fashion and facebook. Anyway it's kinda frowned on at my school because of some trouble 2 years ago (but not banned or anything, just personal choice). But i'm happy to be your fantasy Matt if you don't want me to be real!!!! :lol: Oh why did that other guy have to win? Why couldn't he have done the decent thing and lost then George would be back in his rightful place tomorrow! Someone on fmf called George a 'cute wee pixie'. How weird is that! Must be seriously into gnomes or something! My brother says all garden ornaments should be shot, except for angels and gargoyles. George's surname has 9 letters an so does mine! How cool is that! Plz can we have picture forums!
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Kirk Bevins wrote:If I see a fit girl on Countdown (which is rare) I might mention it briefly in the spoilers thread but I wouldn't start a whole thread demanding more information on the particular girl. There are a few homosexual males on this board and they might allude to people being attractive but they don't start an entire thread about it. I'm shocked you think demanding information on a 17 year old boy who is fit is the norm.
I didn't demand, but I'm glad you agree he's fit. ;) Why are you shocked? I am under 17 so it's not like some old perv asking :!:
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Freddie Milverton wrote:
I didn't demand, but I'm glad you agree he's fit. ;) Why are you shocked? I am under 17 so it's not like some old perv asking :!:
Yes but we only have your word for it.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Freddie Milverton wrote:
I didn't demand, but I'm glad you agree he's fit. ;) Why are you shocked? I am under 17 so it's not like some old perv asking :!:[/quote]

I could tell from your posts that you were young. The other guy won because he was better. Simple as.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Ben Wilson wrote: Yes but we only have your word for it.
ok, i'm 90!!! I never mentioned my age til now anyway so it wasn't like it was an issue before. I didn't post here to shock or annoy people, i haven't said anything shocking!!! If you think what i've said is shocking you should see some of the things posted on some forums!!! George is in a band anyway so it's not like he doesn't want anybody to know about him!!!! Like he probably went on Countdown for publicity for the band as well as being an ok contestant.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Just had a listen to some of George's band's stuff via their MySpace page. They're actually not bad.
Freddie Milverton
Rookie

Phil Reynolds wrote:Just had a listen to some of George's band's stuff via their MySpace page. They're actually not bad.
8-) I was starting to feel outnumbered!
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Freddie Milverton wrote:
Phil Reynolds wrote:Just had a listen to some of George's band's stuff via their MySpace page. They're actually not bad.
8-) I was starting to feel outnumbered!
Yeah, but Phil is one of those 'homosexuals', so he's probably just saying that because he's all about the 17 year old boys.
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

I love everybody.
(Still)