Youngest DC guests?

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Stewart Gordon
Enthusiast

Youngest DC guests?

Post by Stewart Gordon »

Richard Sisson was said to be one of them (I think we were told he was 22 at the time). Jonathan Ansell has just turned 27. With the number of celebs born in the 80s there are now, I'm amazed it's taken this long to get somebody of my age or younger into that chair.

Does anybody out there have any stats on the matter?

Stewart.
Mike Brown
Legend

Re: Youngest DC guests?

Post by Mike Brown »

I think Richard Sisson was 40 or 41 when he appeared on Countdown in 1998. The only people I can think of who might fit the bill would be some of the alternative comedians who have been on. Anyone know how old Jason Byrne is?

Edit: a bit more research reveals that Jason was 31 when he appeared (give or take a year, as Wikipedia's a bit vague on the subject); Jimmy Carr was 31; Alan Carr is the 'winner' on 29. Another youthful debut was made by Andrea McLean, who was 30 when she was in DC. If you really want to knock yourself out, Stewart, you could always trawl through the list at TCP or the Wiki and do some googling as well!
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

My first thought was Paul Zenon, but apparently he's 44 :shock:
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Late news... it seems Gabby Yorath (now Logan, of course) was a mere 26 when she appeared in Series 42. Is that the record?
D Eadie
Devotee

Post by D Eadie »

Correct, Gabby it is.
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Excellent, is there a prize? :mrgreen:

I suppose if you include Mark Nyman's appearances in DC when Ned Sherrin was late (1984), he would probably claim victory - I think he was only 17 at the time!