Spoilers for Wednesday 12th May 2021 (Series 83, Preliminary 93)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers for Wednesday 12th May 2021 (Series 83, Preliminary 93)

Post by Gavin Chipper »

It was interesting listening to Richard Madeley's story about how he got done by Piers Morgan without having any clue about it.

Basically, Piers got these "paparazzi" shots of Richard and Judy and family on holiday and rang Richard to say he wouldn't use them if Richard agreed to pose for some better photos. Richard was like "Don't really want to do that" and Piers was like "OK, I'll chuck the pictures in the bin anyway."

Now Richard thinks Piers is a really nice guy and is likely to do him favours in the future. Piers was playing the long game there.

Guy 1: Give me a million pounds and I won't shoot you in the face.
Guy 2: But I don't want to give yo a million pounds.
Guy 1: OK, let's forget it then.
Guy 2: Wow, what a nice guy!
Howie Myers
Enthusiast

Re: Spoilers for Wednesday 12th May 2021 (Series 83, Preliminary 93)

Post by Howie Myers »

r7: OVERWIN
Stewart Gordon
Enthusiast

Post by Stewart Gordon »

Interesting that the conundrum could have been MEDIATSAR and it would work equally well. Has anyone seen this before - where a variant spelling of a word in the scramble would lead to a variant spelling of the word that is the solution?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Interestingly, MEDIACZAR is also a valid conundrum scramble, though it gives a different answer.