Welcome!

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Welcome!

Post by Charlie Reams »

Welcome to this new and exclusive forum! Anything posted here, and indeed the very existence of the forum, is completely invisible except to those elite few who will be attending the CoC. I thought this would be a good place for us to discuss any spoiler-ish between filming and transmission (a long period of painful self-restraint, especially for the contestants) without fear of spoiling it for anyone else. I will probably move any topics from this forum back into the main forum after the end of the series.

Those of us who know the outcome of Series 59 should, I think, try not to spoil anything in here until after Friday's game, so that the other members of this forum can at least watch the first two games unspoiled.

I think I remembered to add everyone with a C4C account to the whitelist for this group, plus Kirk "Kirky" Bevins who will be in the audience on Sunday. If you feel like posting when you're planning to get to Leeds then we can collate information and arrange fun things. So do that.
Kirk Bevins
God

Re: Welcome!

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Charlie Reams wrote: Those of us who know the outcome of Series 59 should, I think, try not to spoil anything in here until after Friday's game, so that the other members of this forum can at least watch the first two games unspoiled.

Are you saying after the first two QFs in Series 59 have been screened people are allowed to spoil what happens?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote: Those of us who know the outcome of Series 59 should, I think, try not to spoil anything in here until after Friday's game, so that the other members of this forum can at least watch the first two games unspoiled.

Are you saying after the first two QFs in Series 59 have been screened people are allowed to spoil what happens?
Not as such, but come Sunday's filming the Series 59 guys are going to be introduced as "winners/semi/quarter finalists" etc, so it's gonna be kinda trashed for those that are present.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

I lolled at the usergroup name too btw :)
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Me and Junaid will not be able to watch ourselves as we are filming. :cry:
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Jon Corby wrote:

Not as such, but come Sunday's filming the Series 59 guys are going to be introduced as "winners/semi/quarter finalists" etc, so it's gonna be kinda trashed for those that are present.
Ah good point. Nadgers.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

I shall be in Leeds ready to receive CoC at 11:30 on Sunday, largely because of the trains from Newark being inconsistent (but not as out and out shite as those from Lincoln).
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

Post by Richard Brittain »

Cool. I'll be arriving in Leeds at 18:53 on Saturday evening. I presume people will be loitering around the hotel lounge area that evening? Also, I'm getting the 16:30 direct train from London to Leeds, in the off chance anyone else happens to be getting that one too, we can prequaint.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Richard Brittain wrote:Cool. I'll be arriving in Leeds at 18:53 on Saturday evening. I presume people will be loitering around the hotel lounge area that evening? Also, I'm getting the 16:30 direct train from London to Leeds, in the off chance anyone else happens to be getting that one too, we can prequaint.
Yeah, I'll be in Leeds sometime late afternoon-ish. Mobile if anyone wants to meet is [REDACTED].
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

I will be in Leeds at fucking 8 am owing to the availability of flights.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

David O'Donnell wrote:I will be in Leeds at fucking 8 am owing to the availability of flights.
Exciting stuff. Better take your practice books with you to pass the time!
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

I should be getting into Leeds tomorrow around 1900 ish...I'm hoping there'll be a gathering in the lounge by then. Please forgive me if I don't recognise you immediately, although I reckon I know what most of you look like. I should be easily spottable since I'm the only asian looking person in the draw (I think). Just in case, perhaps we should all wear name tags. That wouldn't be at all sad.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I'll be in the bar in the evening. I'm travelling up some time in the afternoon with my main man, the distinctly non-Asian looking Richard Brittain, so hopefully see you chaps around there. If I'm not there then feel free to buzz me on [REDACTED].
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

I'll be the smallish one with the sticky-up hair, probably wearing a Mr Lazy jumper or a T-shirt.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Kai Laddiman wrote:I'll be the one probably wearing a T-shirt.
That narrows it down a bit...
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

This (admittedly not all that exciting) topic is now open to the world!
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:This (admittedly not all that exciting) topic is now open to the world!
It's very exciting. What were you doing travelling up with Richard Brittain? I thought you were sworn enemies.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:This (admittedly not all that exciting) topic is now open to the world!
It's very exciting. What were you doing travelling up with Richard Brittain? I thought you were sworn enemies.
Nah we got on okay until he had one of his psychotic episodes on me.