Series 22 1991 Semi-Final

Any recaps from older series should be posted here. This forum is unlikely to contain spoilers, but recaps may contain "forward references" if they are written much later, so approach with caution.

Moderator: James Robinson

Chris Waddington

Series 22 1991 Semi-Final

Post by Chris Waddington »

I don't know what's happened to my offering from last night, so I'll try and remember it all. There was one round in my Semi-Final which was quite memorable. It was a letters round, and my opponent (David ?) offered a 6-letter word. All I had was a very dubious 6, which for all I knew, could have been a brand name of contraceptives. David's word was ZODIAC and I offered DACOIT. Of course now, it's quite a regular word, but back in 1991, I think I was the first person ever to offer DACOIT (although if I'm wrong,I'm sure someone will write in and let me know). I don't know how I had come across the word, though it was crucial because I only won the game by 4 points.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Re: Series 22 1991 Semi-Final

Post by Martin Gardner »

I believe this post was moved to "Countdown - general" as it's not actually a recap, you're just talking about the game.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Series 22 1991 Semi-Final

Post by Charlie Reams »

I realise that the word "recap" has a specific meaning on this forum that not everyone would realise, but yes, this topic belongs in Countdown General so I moved it: http://www.c4countdown.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1052