Double Duel - What Would You Do?

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.

What would you do if you had to redo a Duel?

Try (as best as memory would allow) to repeat the answers I gave first time round.
58%
Try (as best as memory would allow) to score as highly as possible using the answers apterous gave me first time round.
17%
Something else.
17%
Get my willy out.
8%

Total votes: 12

Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Double Duel - What Would You Do?

Post by Michael Wallace »

So yesterday there was a bit of a glitch with the Duel (which amusingly managed to go unreported for 19 hours, which is an impressive amount of "well I presume someone else will already have told him") which meant a few of us got to do it twice. For those who missed it, the duel was LNCLNCLNC, and only the conundrums changed. Some of us (myself included) tackled the conundrums as fresh, but repeated our own answers/scores in the other rounds. Others seem not to have noticed, but did a lot better second time around.

So what would you do? What would you expect others to do? Is this the biggest controversy in apterous history? Should all the offenders be b& from Co:Lon forever?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Re: Double Duel - What Would You Do?

Post by Jon Corby »

Michael Wallace wrote:Should all the offenders be b& from Co:Lon forever?
You should certainly name & shame.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

First of all, the chances that I'd notice would be slim. Given that I didn't notice, I'd probably try my best second time around, and likely as not score less on the second go.

Haven't voted, cos I'm unable to. Have now, though, cos I've switched skins.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

I completed second time round by entering the maxes from the morning. I didn't ever think the duel was going to be counted towards the months totals though because it was so messed up. Pretty sure Charlie will just void the glitched duel.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

The Duel wasn't actually available in the morning so it wasn't quite 19 hours before it was reported - and I didn't report it in the morning because I assumed Charlie would still be in bed.

FWIW, from Chat I realised that I'd get a second go if I wanted but I didn't bother (and it looks like a lot of people didn't judging by the scores). But, interestingly, my result doesn't appear in the results list.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I checked a couple of times through the day and didn't get a single duel, let alone two. I'm sure I checked as late as early evening too. The plot thickens.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Interesting that someone has gone for option 4. You mean that you don't already have it out when you're at the computer?
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Jon Corby wrote:
Michael Wallace wrote:Should all the offenders be b& from Co:Lon forever?
You should certainly name & shame.
Well I cba to look through everyone, but discounting conundrums all of those who maxed it (with a score of 75) seem to have made an innocent mistake with Hugh Binnie (5 extra points), Ryan Taylor (+3), Edward McCullagh (+2), and Kirk Bevins (+2). Honourable mention goes to Scott Gillies, whose original score was 35, including three missed conundrums, who only managed to 'improve' to 73/75 second time around, which still works out to a healthy +8.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

I did it four times, all uncounted. In each case I did it the same as my first, although I did try to get the conundrums really quickly. I'm a bad person.

My score was 63 as I can't unscramble PLACEBO no matter how many times I see it.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Michael Wallace wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:You should certainly name & shame.
Honourable mention goes to Scott Gillies, whose original score was 35, including three missed conundrums, who only managed to 'improve' to 73/75 second time around, which still works out to a healthy +8.
And so begins Corby vs. Gillies II.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Being the first person to do the duel at 10 to 7, I was somewhat shocked, and when it reset itself, instead of taking advantage of the situation, I reported it to Charlie immediately.

Sounds similar to the Gold Bug criteria !!
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Kai Laddiman wrote:Being the first person to do the duel at 10 to 7, I was somewhat shocked, and when it reset itself, instead of taking advantage of the situation, I reported it to Charlie immediately.

Sounds similar to the Gold Bug criteria !!
Not quite, as I was apparently the first person to report it to Charlie saying something along the lines of "you probably knew this already but just in case everybody else avoided telling you..." and sure enough everybody else had avoided telling him.
Ian Dent
Devotee

Post by Ian Dent »

I'd probably bugger up the first round and quit.
John Gillies
Acolyte

Post by John Gillies »

Michael Wallace wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:You should certainly name & shame.
Honourable mention goes to Scott Gillies, whose original score was 35, including three missed conundrums, who only managed to 'improve' to 73/75 second time around, which still works out to a healthy +8.
What a cheating cunt. What's the point of doing this? I'll be asking him when he eventually shows his face. :evil:
Matt Morrison wrote:And so begins Corby vs. Gillies II.
And quite right too. I never thought I'd be saying this but it's Corby & Gillies J vs Gillies S !!!
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

John Gillies wrote:And quite right too. I never thought I'd be saying this but it's Corby & Gillies J vs Gillies S !!!
Maybe Chris Corby can join Scott to even it out.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
John Gillies wrote:And quite right too. I never thought I'd be saying this but it's Corby & Gillies J vs Gillies S !!!
Maybe Chris Corby can join Scott to even it out.
Or I could just back out, seeing as I don't really give that much of a crap about the Daily Duel.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Jon Corby wrote: Or I could just back out, seeing as I don't really give that much of a crap about cheats.