Glory Roll

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Glory Roll

Post by JimBentley »

...is fucking amazing.

The only thing I can see wrong at the moment is in Pencilvania, I have 6 pencils because I'm 6th in it (Kirk has 2 pencils because he's 2nd). Actually thinking about it, it's not a bad way of quantifying it, but it's a bit confusing.
Matt Bayfield
Devotee

Re: Glory Roll

Post by Matt Bayfield »

Fantastic new additions to the site (GloryRoll & Pencilvania), esp for a statto like me.

Just one query... I am listed as having 2437 pencils on the Pencilvania page, whilst the inventory items on my profile page shows 1509 pencils plus 1173 bronze pencils (at time of writing), i.e. 2682 in total. Any idea what's causing the discrepancy?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

JimBentley wrote:...is fucking amazing.
:)
Jim Bentley wrote:The only thing I can see wrong at the moment is in Pencilvania, I have 6 pencils because I'm 6th in it (Kirk has 2 pencils because he's 2nd). Actually thinking about it, it's not a bad way of quantifying it, but it's a bit confusing.
Yeah that was just a typo. Fixed now.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Very good, I concur heartily with goodness as written round here.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

Anyone else surprised by something on their list? I was shocked to see that I ranked 5th in 2 large. Had no idea I was that good at them.
Andrew Feist
Enthusiast

Post by Andrew Feist »

Liam Tiernan wrote:Anyone else surprised by something on their list? I was shocked to see that I ranked 5th in 2 large. Had no idea I was that good at them.
I was glad to see that I'm back on the "fewest disallowed words" list. This is great stuff.

(This new feature also led me to discover that apterous.org is no longer blocked on this machine here at school. This could be dangerous.)

Are we going to say "having no interesting features is itself interesting", like "25th - most games played without making any other top 25 lists"?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Andrew Feist wrote:
Liam Tiernan wrote:Anyone else surprised by something on their list? I was shocked to see that I ranked 5th in 2 large. Had no idea I was that good at them.
I was glad to see that I'm back on the "fewest disallowed words" list. This is great stuff.

(This new feature also led me to discover that apterous.org is no longer blocked on this machine here at school. This could be dangerous.)

Are we going to say "having no interesting features is itself interesting", like "25th - most games played without making any other top 25 lists"?
Haha. I did wonder whether the Glory Roll should list itself, but that's getting dangerously close to Russell's paradox.
James Doohan
Enthusiast

Post by James Doohan »

Andrew Feist wrote: I was glad to see that I'm back on the "fewest disallowed words" list. This is great stuff.
I have to say i'm shocked to be on this list too, would never have thought I was even in the top 50 in that category.

Another excellent feature of the site Charlie, bravo
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Matt Bayfield wrote:Just one query... I am listed as having 2437 pencils on the Pencilvania page, whilst the inventory items on my profile page shows 1509 pencils plus 1173 bronze pencils (at time of writing), i.e. 2682 in total. Any idea what's causing the discrepancy?
You can get pencils from games you don't finish, so you'll get the item, but they won't be recorded in the pencils database (so the same word can get pencilled later, it won't show up in Lexplorer, and it won't count towards these stats). Just one of the oddities of the item system really. You also used to be able to get pencils from practice games, but I think that's changed now.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Good to see I've got one entry on my Glory Roll. And it's a position which can never be overtaken (unless someone does some fiddling).
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Glory Roll is another fantastic bit of excellence Charlie, it really is. It's just a shame that with all my network problems, it's nigh on impossible for me to even try to get onto most lists, so with each extra Statland page you introduce you leave me more impressed and more depressed at the same time :)
Andrew Feist
Enthusiast

Post by Andrew Feist »

I think my glory roll says something important about me, if only I could figure out what it was: