Spoilers For Monday April 26th 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday April 26th 2010

Post by James Robinson »

So, the weekend is over and while Manchester will soon be temporarily populated with series finalists galore, the majority of us will just have to make do with having to watch and wait on the TV.

Maybe our current champion, Nicki, will be amongst the finalists. After beating our own Phil Reynolds on Friday, and putting in some pretty decent performances, I don't think she could be ruled out of the running for a place in the finals.

In DC this week, is another debutant, the 1991 World Snooker champion and former A Question Of Sport team captain, John Parrott. Quite appropriate to have him on, considering that the World Championships are going on in Sheffield, at the moment. 8-)

So, will Nicki stay on as champ :?: Find out on the recap by A.N. Other-Person. :?
Mark Kudlowski
Enthusiast

Re: Spoilers For Monday April 26th 2010

Post by Mark Kudlowski »

1st numbers alt:

(10 + 7 + 2) x (100 / 4)

2nd numbers alt:

((50 + 5) x (10 + 8)) - (8 + 7)
Last edited by Mark Kudlowski on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

I hope Andrew will be watching this, later.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Chris Davies
Series 61 Champion

Post by Chris Davies »

PAINFUL was there in round 11.
Last edited by Chris Davies on Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

PAINFUL was there.
Ian Dent
Devotee

Post by Ian Dent »

Howard
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

ASSONATE was available in round 1 as DC beater. Good one Howard!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

1. Who is Andrew? Challenger?
2. Howard on the conundrum I presume? If so, :)
3. Final scores? Nikki wins?

Snooker took precedence today.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Matt Morrison wrote:1. Who is Andrew? Challenger?
2. Howard on the conundrum I presume? If so, :)
3. Final scores? Nikki wins?

Snooker took precedence today.
Andrew challenger I think, who had a daughter who had been on before in 2005 or something. Yes Howard got GUARDSMAN (so did JP apparently). Nikki won like 85-60 or 80-65, I can't remember exactly and can't be arsed to go downstairs and fiddle about with sky plus.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Andrew Feist. see OOW.
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

Suprised you didn't mention Huddersfield's impressive win at the weekend James.

How will you choose between CoLON and the P/O final assuming they get their?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Thanks Ryan. I would thank you too Marc but you've not exactly been forthcoming with the details.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Matt Morrison wrote:Thanks Ryan. I would thank you too Marc but you've not exactly been forthcoming with the details.
No problem, although I may have got the challengers name wrong. He had a surname like McAulay or something, he was Scottish and played golf with handicap of 18. But yeah his name escapes me. You missed some classic pun jokes from JP and Jeff, I a-lol'd.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Matt Morrison wrote:Thanks Ryan. I would thank you too Marc but you've not exactly been forthcoming with the details.
Feisty, originally meant dog fart.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Can't believe I missed PAINFUL as I've been in pain all day but Countdown doesn't work like that does it. Made me chuckle anyway. Nice one on finally getting on TV, Howard.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Douglas Wilson wrote:Suprised you didn't mention Huddersfield's impressive win at the weekend James.

How will you choose between CoLON and the P/O final assuming they get there?
Bad spelling there, Douglas.

I thought that people might be bored if I kept on mentioning the brilliant 6-0 win over Stockport County at the weekend. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

In relation to CO:LON and the play-off final, it makes no difference, as CO:LON is on May 22, and the League One play-off final is on May 29, a gap of a whole week. :geek:
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

James Robinson wrote:
Douglas Wilson wrote:Suprised you didn't mention Huddersfield's impressive win at the weekend James.

I thought that people might be bored if I kept on mentioning the brilliant 6-0 win over Stockport County at the weekend. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

In relation to CO:LON and the play-off final, it makes no difference, as CO:LON is on May 22, and the League One play-off final is on May 29, a gap of a whole week. :geek:
Co:Lon
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Great to see Howard getting a conundrum in Manchester.

Infinitely glad it was not in Lincoln.

PS Is it common knowledge I developed PTSD after that incident?
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

David O'Donnell wrote:Infinitely glad it was not in Lincoln.
I feel just the opposite, David. :D
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

HOWARD! That was cool. Lol at Rachel's voice today. Congrats to Huddersfield for securing the last play-off spot (Saints will piss the division next season though, barring some kind of close-season catastrophe). Well done to Nicki, she's playing really well and is a fab contestant all-round. That's it I think.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon Corby wrote:Lol at Rachel's voice today.
I don't know what the filming schedule was, but it would be quite funny for her to have that voice for several weeks on television causing concerned viewers to write in, despite it only lasting a few days in real life.
Jim Treloar
Rookie

Post by Jim Treloar »

Rachel's voice - I wuz there -keep watching!
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jon Corby wrote:Congrats to Huddersfield for securing the last play-off spot (Saints will piss the division next season though, barring some kind of close-season catastrophe).
Thanks, Jon.

I certainly agree. Southampton will certainly get promoted next season, I'm sure of it. ;)
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Gavin Chipper wrote:I don't know what the filming schedule was, but it would be quite funny for her to have that voice for several weeks on television causing concerned viewers to write in, despite it only lasting a few days in real life.
Rachel herself made that very point in the studio. The Man U v Liverpool game which caused all the problems was on Sunday 21 March; last week's shows were recorded the next day, this week's on the Tuesday and next week's on the Wednesday. I went home on the Tuesday afternoon after watching a couple of this week's games, so I don't know for sure; but I can't imagine she'd have made a total recovery by the Wednesday, so on screen I guess she'll be croaking huskily until at least the end of next week.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, when will DC mention DELATORS. Those poor people kept getting left out over some bloody celestial object.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Jon Corby wrote:HOWARD! That was cool. Lol at Rachel's voice today. Congrats to Huddersfield for securing the last play-off spot (Saints will piss the division next season though, barring some kind of close-season catastrophe). Well done to Nicki, she's playing really well and is a fab contestant all-round. That's it I think.
Wait no, that wasn't it! I was also gonna mention Susie's origin of words slot - lots of "farting" and a "fisting" chucked in for good measure too - the cutaway to Jeff suppressing the laughter was quality. It always kinda turns me on slightly when she talks a bit dirty. In her language report book (Fanboys and Overdogs) it says the word "cunt" several times, and I always like to picture her late at night maybe, proofreading the book at her Mac in her bedclothes, gently whispering the word "cunt" as she reads over it.

Fuck I'm hard right now.
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

James Robinson wrote:

Fairy nuff. I'm a Forest fan so know if we get to the final it's the same day as Co:Lon, so assumed the League One final was the day after as it ususally is.