David Mitchell

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

David Mitchell

Post by Julian Fell »

Has he been in DC yet? If not, is there any news as to if/when he might be on?
M. George Quinn
Acolyte

Re: David Mitchell

Post by M. George Quinn »

I think I remember Damian saying that they asked him but he thought we were all twits or something like that.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

M. George Quinn wrote:I think I remember Damian saying that they asked him but he thought we were all twits or something like that.
I think I remember Damian saying:
Damian Eadie wrote:Thanks to those who asked us to get David Mitchell, we're on the case but it might not be until June, due to his current commitments.
I have a pretty good memory.
Damian E
Enthusiast

Post by Damian E »

No joy so far. Several new guests lined up for Series 59 though. :)
M. George Quinn
Acolyte

Post by M. George Quinn »

Damian E wrote: We have tried David Mitchell, but he thought you were all c****, so no joy.
See, my memory isn't that bad. It even has a profanity filter.
Benji Hanks
Rookie

Post by Benji Hanks »

Damian E wrote:No joy so far. Several new guests lined up for Series 59 though. :)

i thought you were keeping me a secret?
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

On the subject of guests in general - just seen on Ceefax - Phil Hammond on this week! Brilliant, nice one Damian and YTV, that makes up for not getting David Mitchell (yet).
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Julian wrote:On the subject of guests in general - just seen on Ceefax - Phil Hammond on this week! Brilliant, nice one Damian and YTV, that makes up for not getting David Mitchell (yet).
They're ending the series on Dr Hammond?. At least the quality of the contestants will make up for a poor DC choice :D.
Lucy Gowers
Rookie

Post by Lucy Gowers »

The real reason why David Mitchell is playing hard to get: http://youtube.com/watch?v=1WaCfFtCsbw

Possibly....
John Tuttle

Post by John Tuttle »

Great to hear about the several new guests, I always enjoy seeing new people on. Most of the frequently-appearing guests are very good, but I like the variety so I think one stint per series should probably be enough.
John Tuttle

Post by John Tuttle »

Has David Mitchell actually said he doesn't want to do it, or is there still a chance?
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Not sure you'd want David Mitchell anymore after this comment on The Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2009 . . . or even if he'd actually want to do it:

Talking about the fourth plinth, one of the panellists suggested that the idea of featuring members of the public doing their own thing on there should be continued permanently, and Mitchell replied "When we get bored of it, that's the moment to push on through. That's what they did with Countdown!"
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

Although it must be added that he carried that show on his own. If it wasn't for him, I dont think many people could have put up with those dreadful unfunny egomaniacs and Jimmy Carr's appalling laugh.
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Derek Hazell wrote:Not sure you'd want David Mitchell anymore after this comment on The Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2009 . . . or even if he'd actually want to do it:

Talking about the fourth plinth, one of the panellists suggested that the idea of featuring members of the public doing their own thing on there should be continued permanently, and Mitchell replied "When we get bored of it, that's the moment to push on through. That's what they did with Countdown!"
I thought that was well funny.
DANNI WOODHOUSE

Post by DANNI WOODHOUSE »

Lucy Gowers wrote:The real reason why David Mitchell is playing hard to get: http://youtube.com/watch?v=1WaCfFtCsbw

Possibly....
that video has gone because of **********ing copyright issues - so what was it ?