Why are so many people leaving the forum lately?

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Why are so many people leaving the forum lately?

They have been singled out, and feel persecuted
28%
They have had a sense of humour bypass
14%
It's a seasonal thing, don't worry they will be back
7%
A combination of the above
24%
DKDC
14%
Others (please specify)
14%

Total votes: 29

Karen Pearson
Devotee

Re: Why are so many people leaving the forum lately?

Post by Karen Pearson »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Karen Pearson wrote:Guys! Please can we just drop it now!!

Sue and Charlie are never going to agree and seem to accept that. ... There is nothing to be gained by keeping it going!
Could you please post something similar in the Football thread? :lol:
Sorry Charlie. I'd love to help but I stopped reading the football thread months ago!
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Marc Meakin wrote:
Karen Pearson wrote:Guys! Please can we just drop it now!!

Sue and Charlie are never going to agree and seem to accept that. Charlie has apoligised (which I think was a mature thing to do) and Sue has accepted it. I think we should just leave it there. There is nothing to be gained by keeping it going!
Well Dez is posting again so thats a gain :?:
That's one of the best-placed question marks I've ever seen. I take my hat off to you, Marc.

And Karen, I know we had a big disagreement once over my ridiculous "pretty women" thread on Yahoo, but your negotiating skills are amazing, and something I would love to achieve myself one day.

Aww Raccoon, I feel bad now. Time for me to say sorry too maybe (but not in a gay way) ;)
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Derek Hazell wrote:
And Karen, I know we had a big disagreement once over my ridiculous "pretty women" thread on Yahoo,
???? We did?? I don't think so!! It must another Karen Pearson. I don't use Yahoo (except occasionally to get rid of something on Freecycle) so I have no idea what your 'Pretty Women' thread was about.

I did wonder when you made a comment (in the Guilty Pleasures thread) about warming to me and I wondered what I might have done to make you NOT warm to me. But I didn't say anything because I thought I was being paranoid!!! :)
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Since we're making private posts public, this very upsetting one about me has just been brought to my attention, sent by Charlie to Sue earlier today:
Charlie Reams wrote:Someone suggested to me that you should be encouraged to set up an alternative forum, since your lapdog/lover Derek Hazell might leave with you. I condone this completely
This completely flies in the face of his "you are not "unwelcome" here" during his personal attack on me recently, and shows his complete insecurity even in his own views.

Anyone who knows me knows I am a fiercely independent person who never answers to anyone else. Sue and I have mad many disagreements in the time we've known each other, and she has even made several references to how annoying I was during Manchester.

Oh well, I guess I'll crawl back into my kennel then.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Derek Hazell wrote:Since we're making private posts public, this very upsetting one about me has just been brought to my attention, sent by Charlie to Sue earlier today:

Oh well, I guess I'll crawl back into my kennel then.
While I stand by the sentiment entirely, I sent it by PM precisely to save you the offence of reading it. Good to see that Sue has no such qualms.

There's no insecurity (or indeed insincerity, which is what I suspect you meant), since you weren't unwelcome when I wrote that. When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?

BTW if we're in the business of publicly posting PMs about each other... no no, I'll resist for now.

Anyway this is my last post in this topic and on this subject. To summarise my position, I'll say only: to whom it may concern, if you want to hate me, leave, or both, then I won't try to convince you otherwise. Knock yourself out.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

I am exasperated! I'm not sure what else I or anyone else can say to stop this!

Maybe Jono could lock this thread! PLEASE!!
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the content, I feel that it is bad form to publicise the content of a PM that's been sent to you,
unless it's totally bland, such as "I'll be on apterous at such and such a time".

I second this thread being locked.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

This thread has outlived its usefulness. The last thing this forum needs is a place where people post solely to bitch about other members.