October Daily Duels

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

October Daily Duels

Post by Ian Volante »

Had to create this thread given that I trounced everyone yesterday! Clearly my best duel ever, and probably one of the best games I've ever played at all. Maybe desperately charging through the rounds because I was late to set off for England helped me unclutter my mind!

As for today's, well it's not quiye hero to zero, but it's not far off.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: October Daily Duels

Post by Charlie Reams »

Ian Volante wrote:Had to create this thread given that I trounced everyone yesterday! Clearly my best duel ever, and probably one of the best games I've ever played at all. Maybe desperately charging through the rounds because I was late to set off for England helped me unclutter my mind!

As for today's, well it's not quiye hero to zero, but it's not far off.
Yeah I was feeling all smug from getting two of the nines but three is damn impressive - a well-deserved win.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

My new absolutely favouritest thing in the world ever is the sloooooowed-down version of the clock music from today's 90-second Duel. Gives it a kind of epic feel. Yeah.
Edwin Mead
Rookie

Post by Edwin Mead »

I managed to finish in third place on Monday (my best ever result) and then last place yesterday (my worst ever result)!

This averages out, putting me mid-table, where I belong.
Phil Collinge
Acolyte

Post by Phil Collinge »

Edwin Mead wrote:This averages out, putting me mid-table, where I belong.
On the subject of the table, is there a reason why it takes around a week to re-set itself at the start of each month?
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

One thought about the duels- would it make more sense to have the conundrums scoring 5 points as per flat scoring? It'd give the conundrum-heavy duels- like today's- a bit more balance (yes I got both of today's, but I'm still saying).
D Eadie
Devotee

Post by D Eadie »

Ben, if you got 'both', it's hard to see how the duel was conundrum-heavy.
There have been a few lately where numbers games are over-represented. Today's is ridiculously so.
I'm lamenting the absence of conundrums in the duels and personally am tired with the numbers games, there are too many, and if you can only get 1 away, you've still got to wait for the clock to expire, it won't accept an early answer that is not spot-on target.
Never really understood the Gevin scoring system. Why 5 pts for a conundrum but 10 pts for a numbers game?
The duel, for me anyway, is weighted in favour of the maths buffs and changing the conundrum to 5pts will only make it more so.