Spoilers For Monday September 7th 2009

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday September 7th 2009

Post by James Robinson »

I thought I'd better add this to make sure that no-one adds to the slightly erroneous one created by Ben.

Well, it's the beginning of another week, and at least we're going to be guaranteed 2 champions this week, since Chris has to go by Tuesday, if he hasn't already gone that is. (No offence, Chris)

It seems almost certain that Chris will reach octochampdom, but can he beat Andrew's record 930 :?: Seems impossible, but stranger things have happened :!:

His opponent on the show is Marcus Bearpark from the Westcountry. (I only know this since I was at the recording on June 16th. (seems like such a long time ago now :roll: ))

Kate Humble returns for a second stint in Dictionary Corner as well. That's just to annoy those 3 people who voted for her in the worst DC newbie poll of mine from last month. :x

There's still another 20 and a half hours though until the show's on, so unless Apterous is fixed, we'll all have to find something else to do for the next 1,235 minutes or so. :geek:
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers For Monday September 7th 2009

Post by Matt Morrison »

James Robinson wrote:I thought I'd better add this to make sure that no-one adds to the slightly erroneous one created by Ben.
I'm pretty sure Ben's says Monday 7th July. Where's the error, is that not a valid date any more?
You're simply calling it an error because it isn't what you wanted to hear.
James Robinson wrote:There's still another 20 and a half hours though until the show's on, so unless Apterous is fixed, we'll all have to find something else to do for the next 1,235 minutes or so. :geek:
I think you might be the only person who had the next 20 and a half hours set aside for playing apterous and thinking about spoiler threads.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Matt Morrison wrote:
James Robinson wrote:I thought I'd better add this to make sure that no-one adds to the slightly erroneous one created by Ben.
I'm pretty sure Ben's says Monday 7th July. Where's the error, is that not a valid date any more?
You're simply calling it an error because it isn't what you wanted to hear.
No, I'm simply calling it an error because it isn't what you wanted to see. :ugeek:
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

I wanted to see it. Makes a refreshing change from these god awful predictably chronological Spoiler Threads. Speak for yourself in future.
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Matthew Green wrote:I wanted to see it. Makes a refreshing change from these god awful predictably chronological Spoiler Threads. Speak for yourself in future.
I think normality should take its course.

THIS is today's spoiler thread, not that piece of tosh that's under a future date.
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

This is confusing, James.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

You're not the only one who's confused, Jimmy. :?
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Anyway a good performance from Chris today, despite holding back on COLISEUM, the awesome HIJRAS and missing DECORATE.

So INDORSE was invalid today? I'm sure DC have offered it recently, as it is under ENDORSE as a Law term, not just US spelling. Odd dictionary.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Kirk Bevins wrote:So INDORSE was invalid today? I'm sure DC have offered it recently, as it is under ENDORSE as a Law term, not just US spelling. Odd dictionary.
lol wat
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Apparently I fucked up.
Darren Carter
What a lot of bling

Post by Darren Carter »

From someone who is shocking at conundrums, I was delighted with spotting INSWINGER really early on - it's a cricket term IIRC.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Not that anyone really noticed, but did anyone notice something about the gentleman sitting to the right of the man who got the conundrum :?:

EDIT: I thought I'd point out it was me, but there you go, who gives a toss?
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

James Robinson wrote:Not that anyone really noticed, but did anyone notice something about the gentleman sitting to the right of the man who got the conundrum :?:

So you didn't get the conundrum? Pah.
Matt Bayfield
Devotee

Post by Matt Bayfield »

[brag]
Awesome day in my armchair yesterday. Despite only getting 8 maxes, I spotted YIPPIES, SENTINEL, RECOATED, DIPTEROUS and (after 25 seconds) INSWINGER. Making the dubious assumption that I would have risked YIPPIES, I *whispers* would actually have "armchair-beaten" Chris, 93-90...

DIPTEROUS is by far the most impressive nine I've got for a while (although a few months ago, the DC-beater BENTONITE was nice). Was wonderful to see it come up given that I probably learned the word when looking at a wikipedia page for a definition of "apterous".
[/brag]

Not that any of this makes me think I should apply for the show anytime soon. I do have my inspired moments, but I think my rating on apterous indicates I'm not really in the same league as most Countdown quarter-finalists.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
James Robinson wrote:Not that anyone really noticed, but did anyone notice something about the gentleman sitting to the right of the man who got the conundrum :?:

So you didn't get the conundrum? Pah.
No, I stupidly thought it could've been SWINGERIN, rather than INSWINGER!