Blue Screen when quitting Apterous

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Darren Carter
What a lot of bling

Blue Screen when quitting Apterous

Post by Darren Carter »

A couple of weeks ago I was playing Apterous on FF and when I closed the game window, I got a blue screen with the error "BAD_POOL_CALLER". The computer restarted and for my FF settings had all reset back to the factory settings. Occasionally when I quit Apterous on FF it freezes the computer for about 30 seconds and is then fine.

Because of the freeze I have started playing it on IE and it has generally been fine. Until just now when I quit the game window and got the same blue screen.

Any ideas about why this has happened? It's a relatively fresh install of Vista Ultimate SP2.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Blue Screen when quitting Apterous

Post by Matt Morrison »

Nasty. never seen before. quick google search suggests it's something to do with a dodgy driver, but apparently from a broad range of devices - could be anything from usb drive to graphics card. also faulty ram.
so basically that doesn't help at all.

new firefox (3.0.11) came out today, try that. or try the 3.5.99 beta. good luck sir.
Darren Carter
What a lot of bling

Post by Darren Carter »

Matt Morrison wrote:Nasty. never seen before. quick google search suggests it's something to do with a dodgy driver,
Yeah I noticed that when I searched on Google - will have to just keep an eye on it I guess.
Darren Carter
What a lot of bling

Post by Darren Carter »

Just blue screened again when quitting Apterous, but this time didn't seem to have a particular error message. Can't for the life of me think what is causing it, so unfortunately will have to play it less frequently on a battered old laptop.... :cry: