Aptojuniors

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Maxine Silkstone
Rookie

Aptojuniors

Post by Maxine Silkstone »

Bravo Charlie for the new Junior Game option. My lad gives it a big thumbs up. Very nice of you to include the sproglets. I, however, am gutted coz now it means I gotta share my Aptotime!
:cry:
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Aptojuniors

Post by Charlie Reams »

It was pretty easy to do, but does seem to have got a positive reaction which is unusual. Glad you like it.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

I love it as well - a great idea. Well implemented.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=65647

How old is Max?

He seems pretty good at numbers.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=65647

How old is Max?

He seems pretty good at numbers.
6 or 7, I think.
Maxine Silkstone
Rookie

Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Maxine Silkstone wrote:.
Annoying.
Maxine Silkstone
Rookie

Sorry, but i wrote a reply to the previous one thinking they were talking about me (I'm Max in everyday life) then I realised (embarassingly) they were referring to the other Max and had to delete it, but it wouldn't let me delete it completely, so I had to leave a dot, if you know what I'm doing wrong and there is a way to delete them completely please enlighten me. (Of course I realise it would have helped if i had followed the link to the actual game before presuming it was me they were referring to) I've only been on here a few weeks and have no idea how to operate forums, bear with me please.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Maxine Silkstone wrote:Sorry, but i wrote a reply to the previous one thinking they were talking about me (I'm Max in everyday life) then I realised (embarassingly) they were referring to the other Max and had to delete it, but it wouldn't let me delete it completely, so I had to leave a dot, if you know what I'm doing wrong and there is a way to delete them completely please enlighten me. (Of course I realise it would have helped if i had followed the link to the actual game before presuming it was me they were referring to) I've only been on here a few weeks and have no idea how to operate forums, bear with me please.
No worries. It's just frustrating to find a load of one-dot posts around as it breaks up a thread and finds it hard to read through, especially if posts are changed to dots after they have already been referred to by someone else.

There's no way (for normal users) to delete posts entirely (more than five minutes after posting). The commonly accepted way of sorting mistakes is to add an EDIT note (see one at the end of this post) so that the message/conversation/thread still makes sense to anyone reading. Changing posts to one dot is also a method typically used by someone who's been, say, proved wrong in an argument and tries to destroy the evidence (I've seen this happen as a parting shot from a couple of bitter ex-members on this very forum), so it probably ends up making you look more silly than leaving the 'silly' message intact with an edit note does.

EDIT: Hope that makes sense!
Steve Rogers

Post by Steve Rogers »

Gotta agree, and I mentioned this to Charlie last night when he challenged me in Junior mode - I like this. A lot. My letters games need a lot of work, and I reckon if I can spend some time on 7 letter games against the bots, it'll help me build things up for the regular 9 letter game.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Junior mode is brilliant. I'll get my daughter into training right away...
Mark Harrison
Rookie

Post by Mark Harrison »

I love it too - I think the numbers format is slightly too easy though. I'd have been able to do those standing on my head from about the age of 5, as would anyone who's even the least arithmetically inclined.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Mark Harrison wrote:I love it too - I think the numbers format is slightly too easy though. I'd have been able to do those standing on my head from about the age of 5, as would anyone who's even the least arithmetically inclined.
As someone with three kids 5+ (who are all top-end with maths, so the teachers tell us) that's bollocks. You don't actually remember being 5 and what your capacity was. I think it's fine, and I've actually found a few quite tricky :oops:
Adam Dexter
Enthusiast

Post by Adam Dexter »

I can't see Aptojuniors anywhere... is this because I am too old? (Although I don't remember inputting DOB so :S). Would my sis qualify as a 14 year old? And is it just generous types? Merci
ADAM DEXTER: MAXED DATER
We're off to button moon :)
Steve Rogers

Post by Steve Rogers »

Adam - when you challenge a player - go into the custom menu and you'll see the junior options on there.
J.Levison
Rookie

Post by J.Levison »

I really like this game mode. Okay, i know it may be aimed at younger people, but it is a format at the game that allows players like myself, who are okay, but not great, to compete with the better players. Obviously nine times out of ten the better player will come out on top, but I have had some very close games with people who in the full format of the game would have beaten me convincingly.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Will be interesting to see who are the pushy parents here
Naomi Laddiman
Rookie

Post by Naomi Laddiman »

Oliver Garner wrote:Will be interesting to see who are the pushy parents here
... or the pushy brothers!
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Naomi Laddiman wrote:
Oliver Garner wrote:Will be interesting to see who are the pushy parents here
... or the pushy brothers!
Will be interesting to see who are the pushy parents here
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Hah - I should get my little one playing (he's 2!). He really likes the game though - he always submits a word, and sometimes it'll even use some of the letters in the selection ;)
Lowering the averages since 2009