Chat

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Lee Simmonds
Acolyte

Chat

Post by Lee Simmonds »

I know it has been mentioned a few times elsewhere but thought that it would be a good idea for the chat feature to have its own thread. I know that it is frustrating for me when the chat box fails and until recently I thought that if it failed at my end then my opponent would know this. Kirk informed me this was not the case :)

I would like any potential opponent of mine to know that if I am not chatting then it is because it has failed and not because I am being ignorant! I don't know how widespread the problem is (Kai has told me that he never has this problem), but maybe others could post here if they have the same issue and/or discuss possible resolutions? I do have the latest Java installed and have tried firefox as my internet browser.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Re: Chat

Post by Ian Volante »

This last week it's been really bad for me, but this weekend it seems to have got better again. I can usually guess eventually when someone can't talk back, but it's usually not immediately obvious.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

My chat has not been working for almost 3 weeks :(
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Yeah, if you're playing me and I'm not talking assume that either it's broken or I hate you.
Lee Simmonds
Acolyte

Post by Lee Simmonds »

Anybody else?
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

It's on and off for me. You're all nutters anyway so I cherish every moment the chat is down.