Countdown LOST - AGAIN!

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Countdown LOST - AGAIN!

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Does anyone else have a real craving to go back on the show? I know I do. It's so warm and friendly (at Countdown, not in Leeds) and it seems to have flown by so quickly. :(

PS. Try and decipher the title. ;)
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Re: Countdown LOST - AGAIN!

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Kai Laddiman wrote:PS. Try and decipher the title. ;)
LOST AGAIN is an anagram of NOSTALGIA.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

I remember after my CoC when it was all finally definitely over, it was a massive comedown. I imagine it's exactly what you're feeling right now.

Never mind, it will pass. The atmosphere at CO-events is a reasonable substitute. ;)
Clare Sudbery
Enthusiast

Post by Clare Sudbery »

Kai, you're surely bound to be invited back to CofC every year for a good few years to come...
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Jon O'Neill wrote:I remember after my CoC when it was all finally definitely over, it was a massive comedown. I imagine it's exactly what you're feeling right now.

Never mind, it will pass. The atmosphere at CO-events is a reasonable substitute. ;)
Couldn't put it better myself
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

I'm just praying for a Laddiman-Travers special (or indeed a Carumba-Callum ordeal) soon.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

Kai Laddiman wrote:I'm just praying for a Laddiman-Travers special (or indeed a Carumba-Callum ordeal) soon.
Great idea! :D
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Kai Laddiman wrote:I'm just praying for a Laddiman-Travers special (or indeed a Carumba-Callum ordeal) soon.
Yeah I think you'll very likely do a special at some point, I was thinking of Tamnay Dixit, the young lad that was 8 and still managed to win 2 or 3 games. That was a couple of years ago so he's probably 10 now, so if they recorded it a year from now you'd be 13 and him 11, which is younger than Allan Saldanha and Tim Morrissey were when they faced off (I think they were 12 and 14).

Martin
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Simon Cooper

Post by Simon Cooper »

Kai

Back in the mid-late 90's they did a series called the 'Countdown Supreme Champion' (or something like that). They invited back the top 2 players from the first 32 series (excluding CofC's) and had a knock out tournament of the best 64. I keep wondering whether they might do a similar thing by the time another 32 series go by.

Mind you, one problem is that back then there were 3 - 4 series a year, if they tried doing it again now they would probably struggle to locate finalists of series 33 (leaving gaps for semi-finalists of more recent series?!)
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Damo said there's not gonna be another Supreme Championship (there's no continuity). He also said that the current CoC will be the last, and that he has a better idea up his sleeve.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Jon O'Neill wrote:He also said that the current CoC will be the last, and that he has a better idea up his sleeve.
I hope it somehow involves me :)
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

Hyperspeedgoat.
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
tonywarren
Rookie

Post by tonywarren »

Perhaps we could arrange a reunion with rematches? If we wait 6 years then Kai will be able to drink...
Who says Morris dancing ain't cool...