Snow in Hertfordshire In October!

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Julie T
Kiloposter

Snow in Hertfordshire In October!

Post by Julie T »

This forum doesn't have a facility to upload pics AFAIK, so I've put a pic of myself and 3 of my sons with a snowman we built in the field behind our house as my avatar. :D
Lots of snowball fighting too, with my daughter who took the pic.
First snow of the season in October! Don't know if that's a record, certainly unusual this far south - I'm sure the weather people will tell us.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
John Bosley
Enthusiast

Re: Snow in Hertfordshire In October!

Post by John Bosley »

Not Stevenage, by any chance?
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

John Bosley wrote:Not Stevenage, by any chance?
Not quite, but not far: Hatfield. My daughter works in Stevenage. Your neck of the woods?
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Dan Vanniasingham
Enthusiast

Post by Dan Vanniasingham »

Tuesday eve was a bizarre experiece as I drive from Enfield to Heathrow and back most weeks. I got through a storm and a sleet blizzard on the way there, and was lashed with hail and snow on the trip back 3 hours later. All of that was complemented with Divali fireworks going off all over the place too. Nice to have some variety on an otherwise monotonous trip.
John Bosley
Enthusiast

Post by John Bosley »

Julie T wrote:
John Bosley wrote:Not Stevenage, by any chance?
Not quite, but not far: Hatfield. My daughter works in Stevenage. Your neck of the woods?
I grew up there before it was a New Town(!). My dad was coal merchant there. Now I am a Yorkshireman with a Hertfordhire accent.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

I grew up there before it was a New Town(!). My dad was coal merchant there. Now I am a Yorkshireman with a Hertfordhire accent.[/quote]

I used to be a Hertfordian (real word?) with a Lancastrian accent, but apart from saying 'class', 'grass' and 'castle' rather than 'clarss', 'grarss' and 'carstle', it's all gone now. :lol: