Quarter-finalists

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Quarter-finalists

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Hi! Could everyone in the quarter finals please reply to this so everyone knows everyone when we come to filming? Thanks! ;)
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Re: Quarter-finalists

Post by Jon Corby »

* except where it spoils the remainder of the untelevised shows, of course...
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Actually, it's being filmed tomorrow.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

OK, then, just PM me.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Jon Corby wrote:* except where it spoils the remainder of the untelevised shows, of course...
Agreed. So far, only two of the quarter-finalists have been confirmed, from the point of view of the programme viewers. There are still sufficient programmes left to enable six more contestants, who have yet to make their debuts, to overtake the current number 3 seed.

I'd hazard a guess that this is probably the lowest ever number of confirmed places at the time that the quarter finals are recorded.

I'd certainly put money on Debbi and Charlie, and probably Neil as well, joining the two already confirmed. Indeed, Charlie's place will be confirmed today, provided he wins, with a score of 47 or more.
Peter Dunwoody

Post by Peter Dunwoody »

Aww...so does this mean Carol and Des are filming their last shows tomorrow? :(

Or are the finals recorded over two days?
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

I believe QFs and SFs are being filmed tomorrow and the day after. The final will be a special show filmed Nov 13th.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Howard Somerset wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:* except where it spoils the remainder of the untelevised shows, of course...
Agreed. So far, only two of the quarter-finalists have been confirmed, from the point of view of the programme viewers. There are still sufficient programmes left to enable six more contestants, who have yet to make their debuts, to overtake the current number 3 seed.

I'd hazard a guess that this is probably the lowest ever number of confirmed places at the time that the quarter finals are recorded.

I'd certainly put money on Debbi and Charlie, and probably Neil as well, joining the two already confirmed. Indeed, Charlie's place will be confirmed today, provided he wins, with a score of 47 or more.
I can't see Charlie winning with 46, to be honest.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Martin Gardner wrote:I can't see Charlie winning with 46, to be honest.
True. But anything's possible.
There's also the possibility of Charlie losing, which would give Debbi an astronomically high chance of qualifying. 36 days needed for 6 people to be able to overtake her, and exactly 36 programmes remaining, including today's. :)
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Well, I figure I can now disclose that I will indeed be travelling up for the finals. In fact I'll be leaving later this evening and probably won't be checking this place, apterous or email til Saturday. Thanks for your good wishes :)
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Kai Laddiman wrote:Hi! Could everyone in the quarter finals please reply to this so everyone knows everyone when we come to filming? Thanks! ;)
Does a simple reply mean that someone knows you? Someone could come along and say "Consider this my reply". Would that make you best friends? :mrgreen: