Countdown club in the North East

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Diane Allinson
Rookie

Countdown club in the North East

Post by Diane Allinson »

Hi, hoping for a reply from Craig Beevers here i think - if my memory serves me right Craig, are you from Stockton? I live in Middlesbrough, are there any Countdown clubs up here in the North East?

Is anyone else here from my neck of the woods?
Kirk Bevins
God

Re: Countdown club in the North East

Post by Kirk Bevins »

AFAIK there are only two major countdown clubs, Edinburgh and Bristol. However, there are Countdown tournaments held around the country - the most common is COLIN (COuntdown in LINcoln) but others have been held in Nottingham, Leicester, Bristol and Redhill. It's about time we had a tournament in the Thornaby area really, I agree.
Diane Allinson
Rookie

Post by Diane Allinson »

Are you from Thornaby Kirk?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

He's a York lad.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

No Diane, as Charlie said - but I travel loads so I know where places are! I've been to Thornaby many times.
Diane Allinson
Rookie

Post by Diane Allinson »

If Craig's in Stockton, and i'm in Middlesbrough, Thornaby's halfway between us.

By the way Kirk i had my first practice game on apterous on Friday night, your dad was a great help.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Diane Allinson wrote:If Craig's in Stockton, and i'm in Middlesbrough, Thornaby's halfway between us.

By the way Kirk i had my first practice game on apterous on Friday night, your dad was a great help.
I'm glad he was of assistance. He has somewhat caught the bug after being dubious about it at first. Interesting how you assume he's my dad though and not some other relation?
Diane Allinson
Rookie

Post by Diane Allinson »

He told me you are his son, as i had mentioned i used to teach maths, he said you are training to be a teacher
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Diane Allinson wrote:He told me you are his son, as i had mentioned i used to teach maths, he said you are training to be a teacher
Ah yes, I remember now, he spoke to me about you. I've actually done my PGCE and am in my NQT year
Diane Allinson
Rookie

Post by Diane Allinson »

I didn't do very well though, it was my first go at playing it on apterous, i'm much happier with pen and paper :?
Diane Allinson
Rookie

Post by Diane Allinson »

I would love to do PGCE, i used to run a Kumon maths after-school club. I've tried to get a placement in school to do PGCE but not had any joy yet, competition is so fierce up here.