Spoilers For Thursday April 26th 2012

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Thursday April 26th 2012

Post by James Robinson »

So, now that we know that Kerry is really Kerry-Anne, let's see if she can win a few more shows this week. 8-)

She had a good début yesterday, can she keep it up today :?:

And will we see more "cavewoman chic" today :?: :?:

Join me for the recap later on. ;) :) :D
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers For Thursday April 26th 2012

Post by Jordan F »

...I've been fired, haven't I. :cry:
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Jordan F wrote:...I've been fired, haven't I. :cry:
I think James likes Kerry. Wait until when she's not any more before you come to any rash judgements!
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

PIEROGI in round 8 (not sure if DC got it or not as I wasn't paying attention).

Unlucky Kerry, you played a couple of solid games.
kerryalcock
Rookie

Post by kerryalcock »

Thanks Jack - I will still be at the finals anyway. I'm going to shove you out of your seat and demand to be allowed to play :)

Jordan, normal service may resume as of tomorrow :) :)
Philip Jarvis
Enthusiast

Post by Philip Jarvis »

Matt Morrison wrote:I think James likes Kerry.
Kerry did say she likes to take those with Asperger syndrome out on trips.

http://www.c4countdown.co.uk/viewtopic. ... AAT#p45308
kerryalcock wrote:I will still be at the finals anyway.
Will James be going to the finals too?
"It's KNACKERED Nick!"
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

I feel really sad now - we will never find out what Kerry's third look would be (unless she tells us what she was planning to wear in show 3).

Apterous agrees with Susie that JADEITES is now invalid, but IDEATES is an alt 7.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Philip Jarvis wrote:

Yeah, that's a nice little connection we have. ;) :) :D
Philip Jarvis wrote:
That would be nice, but for a couple of reasons, I can't. The main one being that the tickets sold out lightning quick I'm told.
Jack Worsley wrote:PIEROGI in round 8 (not sure if DC got it or not as I wasn't paying attention).
DC didn't get that one, good spot, I got it too. If I'd LIGULA, I'd have maxed it, ah well.

Very unlucky there, Kerry. I'm wondering if you were thinking of OVERWRITE in round 12........... :?

SUNRISE in round 1, KILOS/LOINS in round 7.

1st Numbers Alt.: (9 x 3 x 25) - 2 = 673
kerryalcock
Rookie

Post by kerryalcock »

Philip Jarvis wrote:
I do indeed - James I would be happy to *take you on a trip* :) haha
Tony Atkins wrote:I feel really sad now - we will never find out what Kerry's third look would be (unless she tells us what she was planning to wear in show 3).
My look for show 3 was a 1960s green dress with a vintage headscarf - sadly it's gone back in the wardrobe but it may get an airing at a CO event sometime in the future!

It was a poor show from me on the first numbers round - I am extremely inconsistent and thoroughly deserved to be ousted. However, my opponent Nick Hall did write his times tables down (before the show, he had it taken away but wrote it down once the cameras rolled) so at least I can claim I worked purely on mental arithmetic - I started telling him off in the break and he didn't seem best pleased :x

Do you think the producers were having a laugh with the *large jugs* clue for the teaser? :oops:
Also, I asked for two from the top and Rachel said *two big ones* ... a bit of carry-on humour on CD ;)

I am nothing if not a good loser, and for that I am proud :D :D :D
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

kerryalcock wrote:Do you think the producers were having a laugh with the *large jugs* clue for the teaser? :oops:
Yeah, it reminded me of this show back in Jeff's early days, which brought out tonnes of laughter in the recording, I'm told. :lol:
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

Philip Jarvis wrote:

Just looked at that topic - never knew there were so many of my kind on this forum!

Unlucky Kerry, you played well.
cheers maus
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Unlucky Kerry

Weird game - I beat dictionary corner over the entirety of the game by one point then blanked the conundrum LOL
kerryalcock
Rookie

Post by kerryalcock »

Thanks chaps :)

Thomas, the place is RIDDLED with AS/Autism - perhaps thats why I likes it :geek: :geek: :geek:
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

kerryalcock wrote:My look for show 3 was a 1960s green dress with a vintage headscarf - sadly it's gone back in the wardrobe but it may get an airing at a CO event sometime in the future!

It was a poor show from me on the first numbers round - I am extremely inconsistent and thoroughly deserved to be ousted. However, my opponent Nick Hall did write his times tables down (before the show, he had it taken away but wrote it down once the cameras rolled) so at least I can claim I worked purely on mental arithmetic - I started telling him off in the break and he didn't seem best pleased :x
Wait, he initially tried to take a list of times tables into the studio with him? You'd think it'd be pretty obvious that working from reference material prepared beforehand is a no-no. Writing down tables from memory once you're seated is a bit of a grey area. It's not explicitly banned, but I don't see how you can stop someone doing it without also banning ordinary things lots of people do like writing down letters in a circle because that helps them spot words easier, or writing down a word twice with different spellings to help decide which is correct, etc.

Someone project a Jon Corby-shaped silhouette onto the sky. We need moral guidance on this.
kerryalcock wrote:Do you think the producers were having a laugh with the *large jugs* clue for the teaser? :oops:
Also, I asked for two from the top and Rachel said *two big ones* ... a bit of carry-on humour on CD ;)

I am nothing if not a good loser, and for that I am proud :D :D :D
Commiserations anyway. We'd all have wanted you to go on and win a few more, but at least you've got the teapot. What was the longer word you were thinking of when you had VIEWER?
Philip Jarvis
Enthusiast

Post by Philip Jarvis »

James Robinson wrote:
Philip Jarvis wrote:
That would be nice, but for a couple of reasons, I can't. The main one being that the tickets sold out lightning quick I'm told.
That's a shame James. I'm not sure when the tickets became available but I received an email from Countdown last Fri saying they still had tickets available for the recordings on 2 & 3 May. I sent a reply and received my tickets for both sessions on 3rd a couple of days ago.
Graeme Cole wrote:Someone project a Jon Corby-shaped silhouette onto the sky. We need moral guidance on this.
Genuine LOL moment there - nice one Graeme.
"It's KNACKERED Nick!"
kerryalcock
Rookie

Post by kerryalcock »

Graeme, yes he did - he was sat reading them before we started, and the floor manager quickly whipped them away! He then wrote them down when the cameras rolled, which is fair enough as it's *legal* - but if you allow people to do that, then why not just let them take them in in the first place :/

I only told him off cos I like scaring men :) haha, must to better next time!

I was thinking of OVERTIRE but couldnt decide if it would be valid without a D on the end :/

If i'd got that, it would have been a different story, but alas, I'm happy with my teapot :)
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

kerryalcock wrote:I was thinking of OVERTIRE but couldnt decide if it would be valid without a D on the end :/
Ack, just checked it, it's IN!!!!!!!!!!! :( :cry:
Keith Bennett
Acolyte

Post by Keith Bennett »

Was at the recording and very disappointed when Nick got the conundrum. Unusually I had got it almost at once so was sure one of them would. Shame it was the wrong person.

Kerry was the perfect contestant; very good at the game, and great fun to watch.

What wasn't shown was some amusing attempts by Nick (Hewer) to say Teletubby, instead of his preferred Telebubby.

And unusually Paul Zenon had to retake the end of his bamboozle trick 3 or 4 times - his sticks seemed very reluctant to behave when separated by "Susie's Hair"....

Really enjoyed the show though. Been 3 times in recent months and every time an apterite's won. Unfortunately can't go again for a while as I've got a job - at least for the time being.
kerryalcock
Rookie

Post by kerryalcock »

Aww Keith, thankyou for your very kind words :)

Actually, it all worked out very well for me to be honest.

I had been ill for a little while prior to the recording (and very nearly didn't go) - I am actually still off work.
Had I beaten Nick, I would have almost certainly beaten todays challenger, Danny Morton (who was hilarious btw), which would have meant travelling back a few weeks later to resume recording - by which time, I definitely would not have been well enough.

So all in all, I actually had the best result I could hope for: I got my five minutes of glory, I got my teapot and best of all, because it was a 1 point defeat, I recieved lots of messages in the vein of *you were robbed!* rather than *you were thick*, haha so please don't feel bad for me :D :D :D I couldn't be happier!