Spoilers For Monday April 2nd 2012

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday April 2nd 2012

Post by James Robinson »

So, we've reached the halfway point of the series, in terms of months at least.

And the high amount of inconsistency means that we don't have many confirmed finalists yet, and until we know the exact day of the finals, we can't say even if the octochamps are certainly through yet, although they surely are.

But, back in the present, Alison Shipman is the champion, and is a half-octochamp, so by the end of the week, she'll have vacated the chair, but will it be as a octochamp, or will she have taken an early bath :?:

Back in DC after a very good first stint in the last series, is the former Treasure Hunt Skyrunner, Anneka Rice.

Join Jack for the recap later today. ;) :) :D
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers For Monday April 2nd 2012

Post by Tony Atkins »

An interesting game today. Alt second numbers (100-6)x(8-3).
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Tony Atkins wrote:An interesting game today. Alt second numbers (100-6)x(8-3).
Indeed, I thought John was going to capsize after missing OUTSIDERS, and it certainly looked like it was going that way at the start of part 3, but Alison's Achilles heel did prove to be her downfall unfortunately. If she returns for the finals, she needs to improve that.

I quite liked the conundrum solve too, I thought it was WATERABLE............ :oops: :lol:

DIOESTRUS in round 8, PONCES in round 9.

1st Numbers Alt.: (8 - 5) x (75 - (6 / (4 + 2))) = 222
3rd Numbers Alt.: ((50 - 3) x 8) - (6 / (1 + 1)) = 373
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

James Robinson wrote: I quite liked the conundrum solve too, I thought it was WATERABLE............ :oops: :lol:
Don't worry, you're not the only one. :oops:

Apart from one or two wobbles at the end, I thought that was a very good debut performance by John. He came up with some good words and he certainly looks capable of winning a few more. I was a little disappointed to see Alison go as she's been a good contestant too. It's a shame that her numbers aren't as good as her letters.

RANGIER in round 4 and SUDARIA in round 11.

2nd numbers: (100-6)x(8-3) = 470