A big surprise

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

A big surprise

Post by Jason Larsen »

Someone tried to use Mike Brown's Dictionary Corner tool on his Countdown page, but they said it was of no help to them. Granted, Mike was busy a few months ago but he had committed to updating his Countdown Page a lot more frequently from now on.

Can anyone make sense of this?
Mike Brown
Legend

Re: A big surprise

Post by Mike Brown »

Jason Larsen wrote:Someone tried to use Mike Brown's Dictionary Corner tool on his Countdown page, but they said it was of no help to them. Granted, Mike was busy a few months ago but he had committed to updating his Countdown Page a lot more frequently from now on.

Can anyone make sense of this?
Hopefully I can... I assume the tool you're referring to is the DOS-based Letters & Numbers game, which is pretty old technology but should still work, or perhaps they tried one of the links and that's now broken.

As for keeping the page up to date, I've just had other things to do (like recapping loads of historical recaps and other non-Countdown related stuff), so it hasn't happened. At some point hopefully it will, but with the rise of C4C, Apterous and the wiki, TCP now feels more like a historical document to be kept for posterity - the Experience section notwithstanding, of course! Maybe your comments will sting me into action, Jason...
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Hi Mike

Perhaps this link will help you but if you take offense to harsh words about your work please don't look at it.

http://www.bigjonpcgames.net/forum/view ... f=6&t=7569
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

This really is fucking retarded and I can't believe Mike posted such a polite response.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:This really is fucking retarded and I can't believe Mike posted such a polite response.
You're so intolerant at times. You seem like quite a reasonable and tolerant person when it comes to things that are distant from you (how to deal with criminals etc.), but in your own backyard, it's very different.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Charlie, you shouldn't blame me. You should find a way to blame the other person.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jason Larsen wrote:Charlie, you shouldn't blame me. You should find a way to blame the other person.
Or not play the blame game.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:This really is fucking retarded and I can't believe Mike posted such a polite response.
You're so intolerant at times. You seem like quite a reasonable and tolerant person when it comes to things that are distant from you (how to deal with criminals etc.), but in your own backyard, it's very different.
I guess I have a mental illness that makes me impatient with entitlement and obnoxiousness.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:I guess I have a mental illness that makes me impatient with entitlement and obnoxiousness.
The way things can come across doesn't always reflect the intentions of of the poster, and sometimes I think you're too quick to jump to a negative conclusion. Something like this maybe might apply.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Is Charlie actually right with his point?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:I guess I have a mental illness that makes me impatient with entitlement and obnoxiousness.
The way things can come across doesn't always reflect the intentions of of the poster, and sometimes I think you're too quick to jump to a negative conclusion. Something like this maybe might apply.
Ha, maybe.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

That makes me wonder.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Jason Larsen wrote:Is Charlie actually right with his point?
Yeah! After all it's his forum, and if you disagree too much he will punish you.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Marc Meakin wrote:
Yeah! After all it's his forum, and if you disagree too much he will punish you.
Example?
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Ok.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Marc Meakin wrote:
Example?
Yeah, I thought not.