Spoilers For Friday January 28th 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Friday January 28th 2011

Post by James Robinson »

So, we've reached the end of the week, and we have a new champion in the for of Jody Sparrow (that's a male, in case you didn't watch yesterday.)

So, will he swoop in for another victory today, or will he just be shot out of the sky :?:

Mike will be recapping later, but given the fact he's off to Lincoln tomorrow, it'll probably be done on Sunday.

Hope to see you at Lincoln tomorrow, if you're going. Just starting today's thread early since I'm heading off in around an hour's time. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

If not, just enjoy my recaps on here if you can. ;) 8-)
Stewart Gordon
Enthusiast

Re: Spoilers For Friday January 28th 2011

Post by Stewart Gordon »

50 × (10 + 8) - 75 + 100/25
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

How awkward and rude was Paolo at times?
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Ryan Taylor wrote:How awkward and rude was Paolo at times?
Rude? What happen?
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Michael Wallace wrote:
Rude? What happen?
Well, rude is a bit of an exaggeration. He just was very blunt at times then he tried to fudge the last numbers round too. When his opponent had the same word as him he didn't bother to check it even though Jody was showing him his paper, Paolo just raised a hand without even looking at him. There was a round where Susie had to disallow HUNNIES (I mean come on, what was he thinking?) and she was VERY apologetic about disallowing it probably because she thought he was going to bite her head or something. Just uncomfortable viewing at times. Don't get me wrong though, there were plenty of times when he was smiling and being friendly enough.
Dan McColm
Series 71 Champion

Post by Dan McColm »

TORSADES also as a DC-equaller.
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Ryan Taylor wrote:
Michael Wallace wrote:
Rude? What happen?
Well, rude is a bit of an exaggeration. He just was very blunt at times then he tried to fudge the last numbers round too. When his opponent had the same word as him he didn't bother to check it even though Jody was showing him his paper, Paolo just raised a hand without even looking at him. There was a round where Susie had to disallow HUNNIES (I mean come on, what was he thinking?) and she was VERY apologetic about disallowing it probably because she thought he was going to bite her head or something. Just uncomfortable viewing at times. Don't get me wrong though, there were plenty of times when he was smiling and being friendly enough.
You got that wrong Ryan, he seemed to think it wasn't worth checking and believed him when he said he had the same word. I thought he was good guy and a tad unlucky. Calm down matey.
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Ian Fitzpatrick wrote:You got that wrong Ryan, he seemed to think it wasn't worth checking and believed him when he said he had the same word. I thought he was good guy and a tad unlucky. Calm down matey.
OK thanks Ian. I'm calm now. I just lost it for a second, don't know what came over me. Sorry about that.
Philip Jarvis
Enthusiast

Post by Philip Jarvis »

I think I also sensed what Ryan is getting at. I got the impression he went into the game full of confidence but it all started to go wrong after the 1st round. In next to no time he was losing by 20 odd points and showed his annoyance by throwing his pen down when he declared "ADVISE" but missed the extra "S" for "ADVISES".

He then blew it on the 1st numbers round and spent the rest of the game with a "Let's just finish this so I can get out of here" attitude. He certainly didn't seem to be enjoying himself.
"It's KNACKERED Nick!"
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I know exactly what Ryan meant, and I agree. I just think the paper checking thing was a poor example for Ryan to pick. It wasn't supposed to be rude, if anything I think it was meant to be trusting as in "yeah don't worry, I know you're good enough to spot that, you don't need to prove it to me". To be honest I've always thought I wouldn't be too anal about checking words like ROASTED when I go on. Now I will be just so Ryan doesn't talk shit about me on the Internet (capital I, Dominic Gallagher - unlucky).

I thought Paolo was going to be amazing when he started with EPICURE. Nope. And agree with Philip, he probably thought he was gonna be too.