COGST Plate SF - Gardner vs. Sfyris

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

COGST Plate SF - Gardner vs. Sfyris

Post by Martin Gardner »

The game on Apterous.

Very good game. Note I dropped just one point on the letters with DEROGATE.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Re: COGST Plate SF - Gardner vs. Sfyris

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Again very well played. It was annoying because ANDESITE and ANEURISM are words I know that just haven't come up in a while. Also I doubted WEANIEST would be in but I knew Martin would have at least a 7 so had to take a gamble. In that round I was fishing for another I for WAISTLINE which could have swayed the game had Martin not spotted it, but I'm sure he would have! The better player won on the day.

The more attractive player, however, lost :P And furthermore does not have to reveal his cock name!
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Re: COGST Plate SF - Gardner vs. Sfyris

Post by Martin Gardner »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:Again very well played. It was annoying because ANDESITE and ANEURISM are words I know that just haven't come up in a while. Also I doubted WEANIEST would be in but I knew Martin would have at least a 7 so had to take a gamble. In that round I was fishing for another I for WAISTLINE which could have swayed the game had Martin not spotted it, but I'm sure he would have! The better player won on the day.

The more attractive player, however, lost :P
I had WEANIEST written but decided against it, and yeah I would have spotted WAISTLINE because I had come up as a conundrum quite recently on this forum.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?