COGST Plate QF - Priest vs. Gardner

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

COGST Plate QF - Priest vs. Gardner

Post by Martin Gardner »

Our two contestants are Richard Priest, runner-up in Series 58 versus Martin Gardner, semi-finalist in Series 49.

The game on Apterous.org

Apparently Richard got the first numbers right but inputted it wrong - a real shame although theoretically he would still have lost.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Re: COGST Plate QF - Priest vs. Gardner

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Nice game. When do you want it Gardner? My internet connection is a bit shoddy atm, so I will have to play from Emma's. How about Sunday night on Apterous?
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:Nice game. When do you want it Gardner? My internet connection is a bit shoddy atm, so I will have to play from Emma's. How about Sunday night on Apterous?
Sounds good, The Plate is a little bit behind the main draw so hopefully we can set the two finals for the weekend after when everyone can watch.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

OK will message you in this thread for a specific time, when I now exactly what I'm doing this wknd :) Look forward to it. I've never been in a semi final for anything!
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Very high standard in your game, well done to both.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

Yes v well played guys, v few maxima missed there. And the highest score of COGST so far, as I'm sure Martin will have noticed!

Would it not be better to finish the Plate quarter-finals before starting on the Plate semis though?
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Julian Fell wrote:Yes v well played guys, v few maxima missed there. And the highest score of COGST so far, as I'm sure Martin will have noticed!

Would it not be better to finish the Plate quarter-finals before starting on the Plate semis though?
Well I'm hoping Charlie will play his game in the next few days, in which case both semi-finals will be in order. Although in fairness I hadn't realised it was the best score of the competition.
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

It was frustrating to lose, especially with the numbers thing - I typed in (9 x 4) + 50 x 9 then realised I'd done it in the wrong order :( . But at least my apterous play seems to have improved since the recent Kirkulation I suffered.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Rich Priest wrote:It was frustrating to lose, especially with the numbers thing - I typed in (9 x 4) + 50 x 9 then realised I'd done it in the wrong order :( . But at least my apterous play seems to have improved since the recent Kirkulation I suffered.
I'd have been happy for you to do some more practise, I was free all night but that's the past now.