Spoilers for Wednesday June 13th 2012 (Series 66 Prelim 107)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Wednesday June 13th 2012 (Series 66 Prelim 107)

Post by Jordan F »

Two centuries and impressive wins for Jonathan Rawlinson so far, can he get a third of each today? Finally saw Saira Khan, and, while I don't think she's a bad guest, it's a shame she's not next to Nick because the (obvious) chemistry between them works better than with her and Susie.

Join James for the recap later.
Innis Carson
Devotee

Re: Spoilers for Wednesday June 13th 2012 (Series 66 Prelim

Post by Innis Carson »

The plural of ALIYAH is specified as ALIYOTH (as could clearly be seen on Susie's pen-cam) so presumably ALIYAHS isn't actually valid.

I thought LORILET was there in one of the early rounds but that seems to have gone. So as far as I can see, another 14-maxer by Jonathan. Excellent stuff.
Martin Long
Acolyte

Post by Martin Long »

Can someone provide me with the first two numbers selections and targets please?

Thanks in advance.
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

R5: 50 5 4 8 5 6 --> 996
R10: 100 75 4 7 7 10 --> 110
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Equallers MATURED/MATURES in R2, AWOKEN in R7, SHEILA in R12. Like Stewart my big moment came when I beat Jonathan in R11. Well done Jonathan - keep it up!
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Innis Carson wrote:The plural of ALIYAH is specified as ALIYOTH (as could clearly be seen on Susie's pen-cam) so presumably ALIYAHS isn't actually valid.

I thought LORILET was there in one of the early rounds but that seems to have gone. So as far as I can see, another 14-maxer by Jonathan. Excellent stuff.
I did too, but it looks like it got culled in the dictionary switchover. :(

I was happy with SHEILA in round 12. :P Although, Susie does clearly mention that the first definition can't be pluralised, but the second can.................. :? :?: :?
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

James Robinson wrote:
Innis Carson wrote:The plural of ALIYAH is specified as ALIYOTH (as could clearly be seen on Susie's pen-cam) so presumably ALIYAHS isn't actually valid.

I was happy with SHEILA in round 12. :P Although, Susie does clearly mention that the first definition can't be pluralised, but the second can.................. :? :?: :?
It might well be pluralisable, but the plural is ALIYOTH.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Graeme Cole wrote:
James Robinson wrote:

It might well be pluralisable, but the plural is ALIYOTH.
Oh, so we don't just discount the given plural, and stick an S on the end then............ :?: :P :oops:

Right, time to make it up then. ;) :) :D

RANDANS in round 4, RELIEVO in round 9.

3rd Numbers Alt.: (8 x 9 x 10) + 100 - 25 - 1 = 794