Spoilers For Friday December 2nd 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Friday December 2nd 2011

Post by James Robinson »

Interesting nerdy Countdown fact that my head has just remembered: The last time December 2nd was a Friday was back in 2005, when Des Lynam had been the host for just over a month, and on that particular day, Conor Travers became the first octochamp of Series 54. :geek: :ugeek:

I wonder if we'll have a start like that when Nick Hewer takes over next month.......... :?: :?

Well for now, let's return to the present.

Phyllis seemed to have took my advice yesterday, and put in her best performance to date against James Siddall. Can she become a half-octochamp later :?:

Join Mike later for the recap. ;) :) :D
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers For Friday December 2nd 2011

Post by Matt Morrison »

James Robinson wrote:Phyllis seemed to have took my advice yesterday, and put in her best performance to date
I'm not surprised, it was very good advice!
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

APTEROUS in round 6.
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

Very good game to end the week. Phyl certainly seems to be getting stronger as I only beat her in one letters round (with APTEROUS) and the last two numbers rounds. I was nowhere near the conundrum.

109 is the highest score by a female contestant since the opening match of series 61 almost two and a half years ago. :o

1st numbers alt: (100-8-3)x6-9=525
3rd numbers alt: (7+(2/2))x50+10=310
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Jack Worsley wrote:Very good game to end the week. Phyl certainly seems to be getting stronger as I only beat her in one letters round (with APTEROUS) and the last two numbers rounds. I was nowhere near the conundrum.
Word for word, this applies for me. I actually missed LOUNGED as well, so would have only won because of the numbers rounds... 6*100-(8*9+3), (100-8)*5-(10+2+7) (for some reason) and Jeff's way.
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

A strong performance indeed by Phyllis, 11 maxes by my count (could easily have been 13 with the two other numbers rounds).