Box Clever quiz

Cerebral distractions of every kind, mostly but not exclusively Countdown-related.

Moderator: Michael Wallace

JasonCullen
Devotee

Box Clever quiz

Post by JasonCullen »

Coming soon...
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Box Clever quiz

Post by Charlie Reams »

I'm excited. Assuming the quiz is about boxing and not something boring like TV soaps.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

I reckon it's a quiz on sudokus.
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Unfortunately guys, you have no such look :x . The quiz is 20 questions based on TV and celebrities- just like you feared Charlie :oops: !

I think a boxing quiz would attract little interest so I decided to do something non-sporty instead to avoid complaints off the sporting inept. Sudoku was also a good suggestion Kirk but too over complicated for me to construct.

But if you want to put one together for the benefit of the forum then be my guest :D
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

For those who hate sport or just want to do both quizzes, then here is a TV and celebrity based quiz for you :D . Topics range from reality tv shows, soaps and TV adverts!

One point per correct answer and players must enter via private message only please :)

No cheats as per usual and,of course, have fun guys!

Your nice feedback would be highly appreciated :D

Questions

1. The Tittensor twins are actors who used to share roles in which ITV soap and which channel 4 comedy drama? (programmes both nine letters!)
2. Who hosts the brand new national lottery game "This Time Tomorrow"?
3. Which former pop singer has since moved into the TV industry and her portfolio of appearances includes I'm A Celebrity..., The People's Quiz and The One Show?
4. Which actor played character Frank Spencer in the sitcom "Some Mothers Do Have 'Em"?
5. What is the name of the new satirical Channel 4 programme hosted by 8 out of 10 cats panellist Jason Manford?
6. Which "dragon" is a multi-millionaire businessman who has changed the fortunes of companies such as Partners, La Senza and Contessa?
7. What is the real life name of the actor who played poor Richard Bucket in classic comedy "Keeping Up Appearances"?
8. Angela Rippon is one of the presenters of which daytime antiques show?
9. Which brand name's advertising campaign goes by the slogan "take care" and has endorsed Big Brother host Davina McCall to promote their product?
10. In a task during crime and punishment week in this series of Big Brother, which suspect number between 1 and 8 was Rex Newmark's girlfriend, Nicole?
11. Whcih gay comedian has recently fronted his own new show called the Celebrity Ding Dong?
12. Which female is the face of a Question of Sport and also every year at SW19?
13. What is the name of the quiz show in which the aim of the game is to defeat "arguably the best pub quiz team in Britain" for an ever-changing cash prize?
14. Cheryl Ferguson and Linda Henry play which comedy duo in the hit BBC soap Eastenders? (Sorry Charlie about soap operas!)
15. Complete the panel of judges on America's Got Talent. Sharon Osbourne, Piers Morgan and...?
16. In which supermarket's adverts does Top Gear's Richard Hammond appear in?
17. What is the name of the fashion guru who "rips the label out of fashion" by hosting his own Fashion Fix?
18. Which American TV children's programme stars real life twins Cole and Dylan Sprouse as well as High School Musical's Ashley Tisdale?
19. Which former Eastenders actress is reported to be representing Great Britain in the upcoming Eurovision Dance Contest?
20. What is the first name of Simon Cowell's bald bodyguard who is sometimes needed to remove unruly auditionees on the hit show The X Factor?
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

After a few early entries, here is the current leaderboard;

1. Stewart Scott
2. Dinos Sfyris
3. Michael Wallace
4. Howard Somerset

At this very premature stage, I am abstaining from telling people their scores until the leaderboard starts to take shape and people have the chance to add some suggestions to blank answers :) .

N.B. Players are allowed to come back with more answers left to BLANK questions only and not to change previous "correct" answers.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Kirk Bevins wrote:I reckon it's a quiz on sudokus.
Griddlers are better puzzles than Sudokus (that focus on grids and boxes :D). Sudokus are so outdated IMO :lol:.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Joseph Bolas wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:I reckon it's a quiz on sudokus.
Griddlers are better puzzles than Sudokus (that focus on grids and boxes :D). Sudokus are so outdated IMO :lol:.
My mate is nicknamed the griddler. If you can link me to a set of griddlers, I'll print them out and show them him. He'll love it.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Kirk Bevins wrote:My mate is nicknamed the griddler. If you can link me to a set of griddlers, I'll print them out and show them him. He'll love it.
There is a website devoted to griddlers and triddlers where you can register and solve them online for free. There are ebooks you can purchase (from $5 - $10) that you can download and print off too. I have not come across a site yet where they are free to download and print off.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

I've sent you my answers JaCu via PM :D.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

When do we find out these answers and how well everyone done JaCu?
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Erm the leaderboard and scores will be posted very soon. The long delay is due to a never-ending amount of tasks I have to carry out before college commences on Tuesday :oops: . My apologies for keeping participants waiting :) .

N.B. The deadline for this competition is on Monday. There is still time for new entrants to have a go via PM and for current participants to submit blank answers to questions they have NOT already attempted only please ;)
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

jasoncullen wrote:Erm the leaderboard and scores will be posted very soon. The long delay is due to a never-ending amount of tasks I have to carry out before college commences on Tuesday :oops: . My apologies for keeping participants waiting :) .

N.B. The deadline for this competition is on Monday. There is still time for new entrants to have a go via PM and for current participants to submit blank answers to questions they have NOT already attempted only please ;)
My apologies if I sounded like I was rushing you :oops:
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

My apologies for not apologising yet.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

I apologise for making people turn to this thread to read what may have promisingly seemed to be a worthwhile post.