User Images: a plea, and an offer.

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

User Images: a plea, and an offer.

Post by Matt Morrison »

Bored of looking at the generic no-picture user image on your apterous profile, and when you're playing the game?
Jealous of other people with their sexy full-colour human faces?
Fancy changing your current picture because you're no longer quite so ugly, or quite so kerrazy as you thought appropriate to show everyone when you first put it on?
Sick of pestering Charlie and waiting for him to sort out your user photo that you e-mailed him, like, forever ago?

Well, worry no more.
I am now your official go-to guy for sorting your apterous user images.

Image Image

So, please, go right ahead and inundate me with your beautiful faces by e-mailing them to matt@mattmorrison.co.uk.
Note that I will be, of course, resizing and re-proportioning all your pictures to smaller square images, and the focus is, also of course, on your face - so bear that in mind, and choose a photo where you like your own face, not one where you are really proud about holding a cat in one hand and a book in the other hand, cos they'll be getting cropped out.

I'll let you do this in your own time and see what the response is over the next few days.
But I'm on a mission - and the first thing to get done is to completely pictorialise those members shown in the GOTW archive and on the Pro Ranks page.
So I'll shortly start getting in contact with those members and forcibly requesting to look at their faces.
And I'm prepared to nick stuff off Facebook and that, so make sure you get in contact with me so YOU can choose your favourite photo of yourself rather than leave it to my dodgy judgement!*

* Of course, if anyone has any genuinely good reason why they can't have their face shown on apterous, then fair enough. Hoping no one will be this annoying though.
Soph K
Devotee

Re: User Images: a plea, and an offer.

Post by Soph K »

cant i just email u a photo of me cat
:lol:
One Direction are my life. <3
"The reason for life is to find out who you are"
"It always seems impossible until it's done" :)
Love loads of celebs to be honest... Might marry Nicky Maccy :P
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Guess I'll have to add it's pretty reasonable to not have pictures of under-16 year olds - can anyone more experienced or opinionated in such matters inform me then whether under-16s should have the option of a face photo or, in fact whether they should not even be allowed one at all?

And further, does anyone have any opinions whether it's better to have a non-face photo or just no photo at all, i.e. if she is under 16, should I let everyone have a good look at Sophie's cat?
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Matt Morrison wrote:i.e. if she is under 16, should I let everyone have a good look at Sophie's cat?
I'm not falling for that one.
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Emailed. :D
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Ryan Taylor wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:i.e. if she is under 16, should I let everyone have a good look at Sophie's cat?
I'm not falling for that one.
Took me about three minutes to work out what you mean. :D Just wanted to tell you that at Sophie's brother I am confident she would send you a photo of a living example of a Felis catus domesticus.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Matt Morrison wrote:whether under-16s should have the option of a face photo or, in fact whether they should not even be allowed one at all?
I have a photo, but it isn't of me, which sort of solves the problem.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Kai Laddiman wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:whether under-16s should have the option of a face photo or, in fact whether they should not even be allowed one at all?
Are you calling Sophie a cat? That would also not be of her.
But yeah I really don't want any non-real-face pictures at all, just waiting to see what everyone else says about it.
I think anyone who has a Facebook account really ought not be worried by having their face on apterous, so I'm sure you're rooting round for a great picture now Kai :)
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Kai Laddiman wrote:
Are you calling Sophie a cat? That would also not be of her.
But yeah I really don't want any non-real-face pictures at all, just waiting to see what everyone else says about it.
I think anyone who has a Facebook account really ought not be worried by having their face on apterous, so I'm sure you're rooting round for a great picture now Kai :)
My facebook account: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php? ... 1692038677

Send me a friend request and I'll accept it so you can see my pics.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Feel free to trawl my FB pics for something more interesting - I wouldn't mind a bit of a change!
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ian Volante wrote:Feel free to trawl my FB pics for something more interesting - I wouldn't mind a bit of a change!
Wanted to use one of the recent firey-make-up-y profile pics but they all looked too dark and indistinguishable at 64x64 pixels, then tried the V-signs pic which I liked but thought you might not want used, so I just chose a nice one instead.
Chris Davies
Series 61 Champion

Post by Chris Davies »

What if you already have a picture of yourself on apterous but think it's a bit rubbish? If I can replace my current one, this one will do.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001483011541

My FaceBook. I would prefer a piccy ;) .
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Rhys Benjamin wrote:My FaceBook. I would prefer a piccy ;) .
Cheers Rhys, done.
Chris Davies wrote:What if you already have a picture of yourself on apterous but think it's a bit rubbish? If I can replace my current one, this one will do.
Absolutely, I'm happy to do the resizing and cropping work for anybody who wants a new pic to replace their old one, not just new members without photos at all. Thanks Chris - done.
In fact, when I was searching for you on apterous I was reminded you have a Classic Player equivalent too, so I've given that one one of your Countdown pics too to spruce things up! - see here.

Note - you can view your new images immediately once I've done them on your user profile page on the website, but it will take a short while (until the next server reboot) for the in-game images to be updated.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Matt I've emailed a pic
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

New pics include Eoin, Rhys, Tom Cappleman, Nik Mackintosh, Volante, Davies, Jon Wynn, Joseph Krol - come on guys, it's what all the cool people are doing!
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Matt Morrison wrote:New pics include Eoin, Rhys, Tom Cappleman, Nik Mackintosh, Volante, Davies, Jon Wynn, Joseph Krol - come on guys, it's what all the cool people are doing!
I'm cool? :o
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Ian Volante wrote:Feel free to trawl my FB pics for something more interesting - I wouldn't mind a bit of a change!
Wanted to use one of the recent firey-make-up-y profile pics but they all looked too dark and indistinguishable at 64x64 pixels, then tried the V-signs pic which I liked but thought you might not want used, so I just chose a nice one instead.
Thanks!
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Chris Davies
Series 61 Champion

Post by Chris Davies »

Cheers for that Matt :D
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

New pics for Gillies (Jnr and Snr), Bentley, Graeme Cole, Tom Rowell, Matt Tassier, Norm Ahmad, Ian Dent, me and Heather too.... GET INVOLVED!
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

I want a better picture than my current one. Not a countdown related photo, and not one of me in a sauna on new years eve. Apart from that feel free to pick whatever you like.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

JackHurst wrote:I want a better picture than my current one. Not a countdown related photo, and not one of me in a sauna on new years eve. Apart from that feel free to pick whatever you like.
Went for a bit of a fun one. Looks good. Let me know if you hate it.

Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

Matt Morrison wrote:Bored of looking at the generic no-picture user image on your apterous profile, and when you're playing the game?
Jealous of other people with their sexy full-colour human faces?
Fancy changing your current picture because you're no longer quite so ugly, or quite so kerrazy as you thought appropriate to show everyone when you first put it on?
Sick of pestering Charlie and waiting for him to sort out your user photo that you e-mailed him, like, forever ago?

Well, worry no more.
I am now your official go-to guy for sorting your apterous user images.

Image Image

So, please, go right ahead and inundate me with your beautiful faces by e-mailing them to matt@mattmorrison.co.uk.
Note that I will be, of course, resizing and re-proportioning all your pictures to smaller square images, and the focus is, also of course, on your face - so bear that in mind, and choose a photo where you like your own face, not one where you are really proud about holding a cat in one hand and a book in the other hand, cos they'll be getting cropped out.

I'll let you do this in your own time and see what the response is over the next few days.
But I'm on a mission - and the first thing to get done is to completely pictorialise those members shown in the GOTW archive and on the Pro Ranks page.
So I'll shortly start getting in contact with those members and forcibly requesting to look at their faces.
And I'm prepared to nick stuff off Facebook and that, so make sure you get in contact with me so YOU can choose your favourite photo of yourself rather than leave it to my dodgy judgement!*

* Of course, if anyone has any genuinely good reason why they can't have their face shown on apterous, then fair enough. Hoping no one will be this annoying though.

hi matt, i have emailed u 2 photos as i dont know which i should have... Soph
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

I done a email to you. If it breaks your computer on your own head be it :lol:
Lowering the averages since 2009
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Emailed something, which shows slightly less chest
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Guys. Please take note:
Matt Morrison wrote:Note - you can view your new images immediately once I've done them on your user profile page on the website, but it will take a short while (until the next server reboot) for the in-game images to be updated.
Would be lovely if I could stop having to explain that bit!

Much love - keep sending photos.
Andrew Feist
Enthusiast

Post by Andrew Feist »

I am unaware of any satisfactory pictures of myself; but I suspect this is because I believe I look unsatisfactory as opposed to the actual quality of the pictures themselves. So use whatever appears to be the best.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Andrew Feist wrote:I am unaware of any satisfactory pictures of myself; but I suspect this is because I believe I look unsatisfactory as opposed to the actual quality of the pictures themselves. So use whatever appears to be the best.
Cheers Feisty, all done!

Plenty more new pics going on all the time - Kirk (regular and Classic), James Hall, Anglo Italian, James Nguyen, Dan Abrey, Marcus Hares, Oli Garner.... keep them coming, bitches.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I've been through about twenty or so Facebook friends and added photos (nice ones) of people who didn't have one.

If this has pissed you off, then congratulations, you're nowhere near as cool as I thought you were.
And if you don't like the picture I chose - cool, send me a new one!

Apterous is looking more and more colourful and fun day by day... :)
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Matt Morrison wrote:Apterous is looking more and more colourful and fun day by day... :)
I agree. It has a bit more personality.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Haha, I love the picture you chose for me Matt :)
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Kai Laddiman wrote:Haha, I love the picture you chose for me Matt :)
:D
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

My user pic is pretty bad, can you change it to a FB one of your choosing, or simply to my Classic game player picture!

Martin Bishop
Enthusiast

Post by Martin Bishop »

Matt Morrison wrote:I've been through about twenty or so Facebook friends and added photos (nice ones) of people who didn't have one.
Awesome work, Matt. I'm so doing Movember this year.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Jon O'Neill wrote:My user pic is pretty bad, can you change it to a FB one of your choosing, or simply to my Classic game player picture!

Put the new classic one onto your regular account, and used an ACTUAL classic one for your classic account! Looking good!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

http://www.apterous.org/searchuser.php?q=[c]&sensible=1 (won't translate to a URL because of the [c] search term in the middle)

Classic players are starting to look good, having gone through that page of old pics. If anyone can point me to pics of any of the others, feel free to be helpful.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

BTW Matt, good job with picking my picture, cheers <3
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Haha thanks man, good work.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

The classic pic for Kirk should probably be when he was on in 2004.
Nik Mackintosh

Post by Nik Mackintosh »

Matt Morrison wrote:Guess I'll have to add it's pretty reasonable to not have pictures of under-16 year olds - can anyone more experienced or opinionated in such matters inform me then whether under-16s should have the option of a face photo or, in fact whether they should not even be allowed one at all?

And further, does anyone have any opinions whether it's better to have a non-face photo or just no photo at all, i.e. if she is under 16, should I let everyone have a good look at Sophie's cat?
I lolled
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Emailed to you via an image upload website thingy. Hope it works.

Edit: Can you stick it on this forum too or send it back to me in a format that the forum will allow?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Adam Gillard wrote:Emailed to you via an image upload website thingy. Hope it works.

Edit: Can you stick it on this forum too or send it back to me in a format that the forum will allow?
Image is fine, thanks. Just cropping, resizing and brightening it up now to upload.
But it came from some generic @tinypic.com e-mail, and didn't include your actual e-mail address so e-mail me and I'll send it back to you.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Thanks Matt! It's on the forum now too.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Cheers to everyone who is helping.

I've now uploaded over 300 new user images to apterous in the two weeks since I started.
Admittedly many of them have been Classic Player images, but hey.

Keep it up - please keep sending your pics.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Matt Morrison wrote:Cheers to everyone who is helping.

I've now uploaded over 300 new user images to apterous in the two weeks since I started.

Good work lad.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Matt Morrison wrote:Cheers to everyone who is helping.

Yep, pretty cool.
Dan Abrey
Rookie

Post by Dan Abrey »

I think I sent you my image a few days after this topic, yet I hadn't read it. I'm just that good.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

BUMP for Sophie.
Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

Rhys Benjamin wrote:BUMP for Sophie.
Right, thanks. Didn't know which topic this was.

Matt,
Just letting you know, I sent you an email (it is matt@mattmorrison.co.uk isn't it?) with the new photo I am wanting to be on my Apterous profile this morning.
Sophie
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Yes. I've been busy. I'll get around to it. For most other people, one or very occasionally two pictures has been enough, not four!
Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

Matt Morrison wrote:Yes. I've been busy. I'll get around to it. For most other people, one or very occasionally two pictures has been enough, not four!
Thanks.
The last photo I sent was my first (well, I did send 2 because I didn't know which one so I let you choose, so you did) so this one is only my second photo, not my fourth... :?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

THANKS TO HOW GREAT I AM, an excellent 432 users (active, inactive, human, bot, and classic, admittedly) now have an apterous user picture.
Let's try and get it to 500 you miserable lot.
Steve Balog
Acolyte

Post by Steve Balog »

Thanks for your diligent work in this. Also glad you are doing this -- always great to be able to put a face to that inexplicable R14 numbers solve that puts the game out of reach :lol:

It's kind of weird though -- I actually had my image up on the game client before I went to bed yesterday, and it's up on my profile today, but not in the game client. I find this odd as it worked perfectly earlier but it doesn't now.
There are no such things as methods. Only madness.