Who Will Win Series 63?

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.

Who Will Win Series 63?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:37 pm

Jack Hurst
58%
Eoin Monaghan
17%
Daniel Pati
8%
Marcus Hares
No votes
Scott Gillies
No votes
Tom Rowell
8%
Niall Young
No votes
Peter Godwin
8%

Total votes: 12

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Who Will Win Series 63?

Post by James Robinson »

So, the final 8 have been decided.

But, it's now time to let a cat out of the bag (clearance has been granted, by the way. :idea: ).

The #8 seed, Michael Chadwick, couldn't make it to the finals last month, as he was in SINGAPORE :!: :shock: :o :roll: :? Make of that what you will, but that means a space is left open, and in to fill it is the fans' favourite, PETER GODWIN.

So, he becomes the new #8 seed and will play Jack in a week's time.

Here's the full timetable:

Thu 09/12 - Jack Hurst v Peter Godwin
Fri 10/12 - Eoin Monaghan v Niall Young
Mon 13/12 - Daniel Pati v Tom Rowell
Tue 14/12 - Marcus Hares v Scott Gillies
Wed 15/12 - Winner Of JH v PG v Winner Of MH v SG
Thu 16/12 - Winner Of EM v NY v Winner Of DP v TR
Fri 17/12 - Wnner Of JH/PG v MH/SG v Winner Of EM/NY v DP/TR

Who wins, you don't decide. :lol:

But, who do you think will win :?:
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Re: Who Will Win Series 63?

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

James Robinson wrote: the fans' favourite, PETER GODWIN.
I don't like him.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

So with Michael out does that Ryan Loughbrough was at the recordings?

If so what colour baseball style topman tee was he wearing?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Well Jack and Eoin were both brilliant in their runs, with jack doing just a bit better. But with these one-off games, you never know. It will be tight but I reckon these two will edge into the final over the other great octochamps, and Jack will win in a close final.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Douglas Wilson wrote:So with Michael out does that Ryan Loughbrough was at the recordings?

No, Greg Hayhurst was stand in.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

James Robinson wrote:The #8 seed, Michael Chadwick, couldn't make it to the finals last month, as he was in SINGAPORE :!: :shock: :o :roll: :? Make of that what you will, but that means a space is left open, and in to fill it is the fans' favourite, PETER GODWIN.
Is it just me who finds this somewhat surprising? Michael was practising on apterous in the days leading up to the finals, saying he thought he'd get some practice in just in case he qualified. I'd assumed that he knew he'd qualified by that point but didn't want to give spoilers.

Weren't the finals recorded on 2nd-3rd November or thereabouts? From the dates of his last apterous games, that was a very short-notice trip to Singapore, unless I'm missing something.

It's all a conspiracy. Michael was kidnapped by the Peter Godwin fan club. Who also shot JFK.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

I've used my logic and I predict Peter will beat Jack in the Quarter Finals. :o

(Howard mentioned Peter Godwin on the wiki and he would have missed Peter's quarter final...)
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Douglas Wilson wrote:So with Michael out does that Ryan Loughbrough was at the recordings?

Despite only winning 5?
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Douglas Wilson wrote:
Eoin Monaghan wrote:

Despite only winning 5?
I'm not sure how it worked, but he was there.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Graeme Cole wrote:
James Robinson wrote:The #8 seed, Michael Chadwick, couldn't make it to the finals last month, as he was in SINGAPORE :!: :shock: :o :roll: :? Make of that what you will, but that means a space is left open, and in to fill it is the fans' favourite, PETER GODWIN.
Is it just me who finds this somewhat surprising? Michael was practising on apterous in the days leading up to the finals, saying he thought he'd get some practice in just in case he qualified. I'd assumed that he knew he'd qualified by that point but didn't want to give spoilers.

Weren't the finals recorded on 2nd-3rd November or thereabouts? From the dates of his last apterous games, that was a very short-notice trip to Singapore, unless I'm missing something.

It's all a conspiracy. Michael was kidnapped by the Peter Godwin fan club. Who also shot JFK.
It was quite mysterious. Especially since one of the finalists said that he had told them just days before that he would see them at the finals.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Douglas Wilson wrote:Despite only winning 5?
Does he live near the studio?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Douglas Wilson wrote:Despite only winning 5?
Does he live near the studio?
Surrey doesn't seem near to Manchester to me, but because he lost the day before the finals started, he was probably asked to stay around.
Marcus Hares
Acolyte

Post by Marcus Hares »

Yes he only won 5 - Peter Godwin was the stand-by but as Michael didn't make it Peter moved up to #8 and the production team asked Greg to be the next stand-by as there was too little time to arrange another.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Graeme Cole wrote:

I heard Damian told Michael the finals were being filmed in Singapore so that he could get him out the way and replace him with fans' favourite, PETER GODWIN.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

When I saw Peter in the green room I was filled with joy, but at realising I'd have to play him, my heart sank.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

JackHurst wrote:When I saw Peter in the green room I was filled with joy, but at realising I'd have to play him, my heart sank.
I bet the feeling was mutual!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

JackHurst wrote:When I saw Peter in the green room I was filled with joy, but at realising I'd have to play him, my heart sank.
Hugs or handshakes?
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

I am not sure but I think it is looking like a Jack Hurst and Eoin Monaghan final :D
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover