Spimliminees for Thursday 1st July 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Re: Spimliminees for Thursday 1st July 2010

Post by Ben Hunter »

This Ryan guy is octochamp good.
Edward McCullagh
Series 64 Champion

Post by Edward McCullagh »

Jonathan Wynn wrote:Hey folks. I've just finally got round to watching this back. First things first, regarding the pen-tapping (and the silly facial expressions) lol-um what can I say I was excited hehe. Um yeah....oops. Sorry for the big letdown everyone!! Bet yas didn't see that coming-I know I didn't lol.

So yeah-was horrified at the time-obv have had two months to get over it so not soo bad now-least that solves the mystery of why I haven't been on apterous recently :)-hehe might have to go back on the show as my alias 'Ali Jacobs' next......(didnt wanna face q's about my performance on appy but wanted to carry on playing-for reasons which am sure have now become obvious-only Marcus managed to sus it out :) )

Shoulda spotted 'unbiased' tbf, and my numbers were iffy to say the least-but then again, they always have been (despite allegedly teaching 'maths')-I've never heard of 'yardage' and didn't expect Ryan to know 'paeonic' tbf. Anyway to be fair the guy did really well, v fast on the conundrums too, so well done to him.

Newayz, thanks for the commiseratory messages everyone 'tis much appreciated. Enjoy the rest of the series and best of luck to Scott!!

ps particularly looking forward to seeing Edward Mcculagh on the show if he makes it this series....just don't lose your first friggin game like I somehow managed :)
:cry: I was heartbroken when you lost out man, but at least you are taking it well. Ryan was pretty good today - such a shame your first game was against him. :( Quality game though - great to watch despite the bad ending. :)

I look forward to playing 'Ali' some more in the future :D ;)

P.S. The studio is gonna go up in flames whenever I lose! :P :twisted:
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Ben Hunter wrote:This Ryan guy is octochamp good.
Too hit and miss I thought although that doesn't stop him becoming an octochamp.
Scott Gillies
Rookie

Post by Scott Gillies »

Jonathan Wynn wrote:Hey folks. I've just finally got round to watching this back. First things first, regarding the pen-tapping (and the silly facial expressions) lol-um what can I say I was excited hehe. Um yeah....oops. Sorry for the big letdown everyone!! Bet yas didn't see that coming-I know I didn't lol.

So yeah-was horrified at the time-obv have had two months to get over it so not soo bad now-least that solves the mystery of why I haven't been on apterous recently :)-hehe might have to go back on the show as my alias 'Ali Jacobs' next......(didnt wanna face q's about my performance on appy but wanted to carry on playing-for reasons which am sure have now become obvious-only Marcus managed to sus it out :) )

Shoulda spotted 'unbiased' tbf, and my numbers were iffy to say the least-but then again, they always have been (despite allegedly teaching 'maths')-I've never heard of 'yardage' and didn't expect Ryan to know 'paeonic' tbf. Anyway to be fair the guy did really well, v fast on the conundrums too, so well done to him.

Newayz, thanks for the commiseratory messages everyone 'tis much appreciated. Enjoy the rest of the series and best of luck to Scott!!

ps particularly looking forward to seeing Edward Mcculagh on the show if he makes it this series....just don't lose your first friggin game like I somehow managed :)

unlucky Jonathon some real good spots on there, thanks for the good luck message as well :). i'm puzzled how u managed to get beat, when i was going through the recap i noted what my score would've been against u and ryan, i was only 9 in front against u going into the conundrum but 29 ahead of ryan (ryan got the conundrum before me which i certainly no surpruise)which puzzled me lol. could tell u were definitely the stronger player, no direspect to ryan as he's certainly decent as well.
Philip Jarvis
Enthusiast

Post by Philip Jarvis »

Ben Hunter wrote:This Ryan guy is octochamp good.
Wow Ben. Due to work commitments, I was just skimming through last weeks spoilers for the first time. Love the new avatar. Crikey, what a likeness (unless you've shaved recently).

Shame you weren't on today's episode, but looking forward to seeing you on the prog in the near future.

p.s. your prediction is looking good thus far.
"It's KNACKERED Nick!"
Philip Jarvis
Enthusiast

Post by Philip Jarvis »

Marc Meakin wrote:
Douglas Wilson wrote:Game over, it's Jon Wynn
I wonder if Jon will Wynn on Thursday.
Hope so as his twin is playing on friday, making it a Wynn double. :)
On the subject of doubles, is Jonathan related to Steve Wynn? Steve is a massive name in Las Vegas. After running several famous Vegas hotels, he spent a fortune on building the Wynn hotel. Following the success of that, he built a twin / identical hotel next door called Encore. Allegedly, they have excellent restaurants with food being flown in by Jumbo from Italy on a daily basis.

However, my recommendation (for a suite circa 2,500 sq ft and budget of about £100 per night for the suite) remains THEHotel at Mandalay Bay. Great hotel, bars and themed restaurants.
"It's KNACKERED Nick!"