Recaps

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Recaps

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Today's second quarter-final will be my last recapped game of Series 61. Unfortunately you'll have to wait until Monday morning at the earliest for the recap, as I shall be away for the weekend getting pissed in Dublin, but I'll endeavour to get it posted as quickly as possible on my return.

Not sure yet whether I'll be continuing with my bi-weekly recaps in the new year - if anyone else (who isn't James Robinson) fancies having a go, drop me a PM.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Re: Recaps

Post by Jon Corby »

Are you not doing the final next week?

Enjoy getting arseholed in Dublin!

(Oh, and James is doing a sterling job on the recaps IMO)

2nd edit: Oh yeah, bi-weekly. I understand now.
Last edited by Jon Corby on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Phil Reynolds wrote:Not sure yet whether I'll be continuing with my bi-weekly recaps in the new year - if anyone else (who isn't James Robinson) fancies having a go, drop me a PM.
Don't worry Phil, I wasn't even going to offer. Having 2 consecutive days is a handful as it is. Having 3 in a row could easily send me into meltdown.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

James Robinson wrote:Having 3 in a row could easily send me into meltdown.
Looks like Phil has changed his mind and will allow you to do Fridays too :lol:
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

James Robinson wrote:Having 3 in a row could easily send me into meltdown.
A worrying prospect as there's a lot of you to melt down.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

If I were a proof-reader, I'd avoid terms such as "bi-weekly" as they can cause confusion.
Allan Harmer
Enthusiast

Post by Allan Harmer »

I have become disenchanted with the intolerance on the forum and will also be stepping back from it.

Therefore, my Friday recap slot, which I share with Phil, is also up for grabs after the Final next week.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Sorry to hear that Allan.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

This is a shame, Allan.
I have always assumed a little banter was no bad thing but maybe some people are going beyond the pale.
To be honest I feel only James Robinson has had cause to complain, recenty, but he gives as good as he gets.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

As no one else appears to have stepped up to the plate, and in a bid to prevent the total Robinsonization of Recapsville (although I have to say, James, you're doing a good job :) ), I'm willing to have a go at the Friday recaps. Although my reasons for stopping (getting them posted quickly enough to satisfy the salivating masses) haven't really gone away, I'm kinda missing it and unless anyone vehemently objects, I'll be re-donning my recap hat in the next couple of days.

And while I'm here, a belated Happy New Year to everyone!
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Mike Brown wrote:As no one else appears to have stepped up to the plate, and in a bid to prevent the total Robinsonization of Recapsville (although I have to say, James, you're doing a good job :) ), I'm willing to have a go at the Friday recaps. Although my reasons for stopping (getting them posted quickly enough to satisfy the salivating masses) haven't really gone away, I'm kinda missing it and unless anyone vehemently objects, I'll be re-donning my recap hat in the next couple of days.

And while I'm here, a belated Happy New Year to everyone!
I'm definitely not against it at all, it'd be great for a Countdown legend such as yourself to do the Friday recaps. Anyway, I too am an anti-Robinsonizationist.

Best of luck to you, Mike. ;) :) :D
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

James Robinson wrote:I'm definitely not against it at all, it'd be great for a Countdown legend such as yourself to do the Friday recaps. Anyway, I too am an anti-Robinsonizationist.

Best of luck to you, Mike. ;) :) :D
Cheers, I'll attempt to maintain your high standard!
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Good to see the return of The Master. Welcome back, Mike. :)