For

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Wil Ransome

For

Post by Wil Ransome »

Of course if you watch Countdown every day some of the mannerisms of the presenters are going to stick out, and I have no wish to be particularly critical of Miss Riley, who is in my opinion doing an excellent job, but has anyone noticed how much she uses the word 'for'? It seems to me that she uses it on average twice every numbers game, and it's becoming something I notice.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Re: For

Post by Michael Wallace »

For? More like phwoar, amirite?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

She also uses the word "the" rather a lot. She certainly has a limited vocabulary for someone of her education!
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Charlie Reams wrote:She also uses the word "the" rather a lot. She certainly has a limited vocabulary for someone of her education!
Twat.
Kieran Child
Enthusiast

Post by Kieran Child »

I guess it's difficult not to say it:

"....add on the 5 and then times that by 7...........FOR 931"
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

This has got to be the best of these "What people say on Countdown" threads yet. Almost good enough to be a spoof.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Is this really a serious thread :?: :!:

EDIT: I vote "against" rather than for "for".
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Wil Ransome wrote:It seems to me that she uses it on average twice every numbers game, and it's becoming something I notice.
Let us know when it fully becomes so.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Wil Ransome wrote:Of course if you watch Countdown every day some of the mannerisms of the presenters are going to stick out, and I have no wish to be particularly critical of Miss Riley, who is in my opinion doing an excellent job, but has anyone noticed how much she uses the word 'for'?
It would seem the answer to your question is 'no'.
Bert Arter

Post by Bert Arter »

Am I missing something here? I have watched Countdown since its first showing in 1982, partly because it is the best "quiz" show on British TV and partly because I loved Carol Vorderman (and still do). Since Rachel Riley took the job over there has been hardly a comment on this website about her - well Wil Ransome did mention "Miss Riley" - very proper - recently.
Has no one noticed that she is absolutely gorgeous as well as very good at the numbers and must be raising quite a few appreciative male temperatures as well as, probably the viewing figures, since she was spread across the national daily`s. Come on lads, you know, or maybe you dont, realise that the program is entertainment not just vowels, consonants and numbers.
David Williams
Kiloposter

Post by David Williams »

A search for "Rachel" on this forum gets 1630 hits. Must be some other Rachel, I suppose.
D Eadie
Devotee

Post by D Eadie »

Bert Arter wrote:Am I missing something here? I have watched Countdown since its first showing in 1982, partly because it is the best "quiz" show on British TV and partly because I loved Carol Vorderman (and still do). Since Rachel Riley took the job over there has been hardly a comment on this website about her - well Wil Ransome did mention "Miss Riley" - very proper - recently.
Has no one noticed that she is absolutely gorgeous as well as very good at the numbers and must be raising quite a few appreciative male temperatures as well as, probably the viewing figures, since she was spread across the national daily`s. Come on lads, you know, or maybe you dont, realise that the program is entertainment not just vowels, consonants and numbers.

zzzzzzzzzzz
Last edited by D Eadie on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

I have nothing against her!