Gevins Bevins

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Gevins Bevins

Post by Derek Hazell »

I am organizing a new Countdown event, called "Gevins Bevins".

Kirk Bevins will sit in a room, while a variety of people with their indentities protected by masks line up in front of him. This will be much in the same vein as bukakke, but instead of cumming in Kirk's face, they will each challenge him to a quickfire letters round. To even the odds slightly, and make it more of a challenge for Kirk, a fluffer will prime them with their letters a few seconds before he sees them.

It would probably work best if this is done in teams, otherwise there would be no satsifaction in winning for all the challengers.

A date and location is yet to be agreed upon.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Kieran Child
Enthusiast

Re: Gevins Bevins

Post by Kieran Child »

I'm afraid you lost me at "instead of cumming in kirks face"
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Chris Cummings?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Sounds good.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Gavin Chipper wrote:Sounds good.
Thanks. Perhaps you could help me with the letters selections for the Gevin participants.
Jon Corby wrote:Chris Cummings?
I was wondering what relevance a Canadian country singer had to this, but then I realized you'd cleverly spelt Chris Cummins's name wrong to fit in. I don't know if he'll be present though, and even if I did I wouldn't be able to say.

That's a point actually, people better PM me if they're interested in taking part to protect indentities for now.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Derek Hazell wrote:but then I realized you'd cleverly spelt Chris Cummins's name wrong to fit in.

Yes. That's what I did.
:?
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Derek Hazell wrote:Kirk Bevins will sit in a room, while a variety of people with their indentities protected by masks line up in front of him. This will be much in the same vein as bukakke, but instead of cumming in Kirk's face, they will each challenge him to a quickfire letters round. To even the odds slightly, and make it more of a challenge for Kirk, a fluffer will prime them with their letters a few seconds before he sees them.
I'm probably being thick, but where does the "Gevins" part of the title fit into all this?
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Derek Hazell wrote:Kirk Bevins will sit in a room, while a variety of people with their indentities protected by masks line up in front of him. This will be much in the same vein as bukakke, but instead of cumming in Kirk's face, they will each challenge him to a quickfire letters round. To even the odds slightly, and make it more of a challenge for Kirk, a fluffer will prime them with their letters a few seconds before he sees them.
I'm probably being thick, but where does the "Gevins" part of the title fit into all this?
"Gevin" is a mythical person in the online Countdown world whose true identity is unknown. His wit and wisdom though are the stuff of legend. The fact that he is little known of outside the Countdown community probably just adds to his appeal.
There is also a similar mythical character who actually appeared on the show (or did he?), but you would have to ask someone like Ben Wilson, or Damian about him.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Derek Hazell wrote: His wit and wisdom though are the stuff of legend.
lol wat
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Derek Hazell wrote:His wit and wisdom though are the stuff of legend.
Another person confuses 'myth' and 'legend'.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Ben Wilson wrote:
Derek Hazell wrote:His wit and wisdom though are the stuff of legend.
Another person confuses 'myth' and 'legend'.
I hope I don't, or judging by your forum status that would mean you don't really exist :P
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Derek Hazell wrote:
Thanks. Perhaps you could help me with the letters selections for the Gevin participants.
I was wondering what relevance a Canadian country singer had to this, but then I realized you'd cleverly spelt Chris Cummins's name wrong to fit in. I don't know if he'll be present though, and even if I did I wouldn't be able to say.

That's a point actually, people better PM me if they're interested in taking part to protect indentities for now.

I'll come along and make the sandwiches but in the spirit of the game - the fillings will be a mystery.

Oh and why not just call it cummings/bevins - it has a ring to it.
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Sue Sanders wrote:
Derek Hazell wrote:

I'll come along and make the sandwiches but in the spirit of the game - the fillings will be a mystery.

Oh and why not just call it cummings/bevins - it has a ring to it.
Thank you Sue! Well that's a good incentive for everyone - food provided as well :)

Don't think your name change would work though, as it has no relevance to this event. I'm having a hard enough time getting Kirk booked without having to find some random person with the name Cummings as well! Gevins Bevins rhymes and tells you in a succinct memorable manner exactly what it's about.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

I thought of the 'cummings' more as an act than a person - in DIRECT CONTRAST to your proposed event, you know, for a bit of spice. ;) It would certainly be more of a lure than Doug Wilson's big dump event. I ain't making the sandwiches for that!
Fool's top.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

I'll only turn up if it involves cummings and Sue.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Kirk Bevins wrote:I'll only turn up if it involves cummings and Sue.
Thanks Kirk. Sounds like a fair compromise, and from Sue's hints I'm sure she'll be up for it!

So, get those PMs in! And please let me know if you have any dietary requirements for Sue's sandwiches.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Derek Hazell wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:I'll only turn up if it involves cummings and Sue.
Thanks Kirk. Sounds like a fair compromise, and from Sue's hints I'm sure she'll be up for it!

So, get those PMs in! And please let me know if you have any dietary requirements for Sue's sandwiches.
Despite the curious tangents Derek's event has been off on, it is genuine. I really can't remember what it's about and can't be arsed to scroll up and remind myself but - do PM him and let him have his event!
Fool's top.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Sue Sanders wrote: Despite the curious tangents Derek's event has been off on, it is genuine. I really can't remember what it's about and can't be arsed to scroll up and remind myself but - do PM him and let him have his event!
Is this because you secretly fancy me, Sue?
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Sue Sanders wrote: Despite the curious tangents Derek's event has been off on, it is genuine. I really can't remember what it's about and can't be arsed to scroll up and remind myself but - do PM him and let him have his event!
Is this because you secretly fancy me, Sue?
Thank God, the secret that could not be spoken is out. Whatcha doing tonight Bevins?

;)
Fool's top.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Sue Sanders wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:Is this because you secretly fancy me, Sue?
Thank God, the secret that could not be spoken is out. Whatcha doing tonight Bevins?
No response in over 24 hours... stood up by Kirk. How does that feel Sue? :)
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Sue Sanders wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:Is this because you secretly fancy me, Sue?
No response in over 24 hours... stood up by Kirk. How does that feel Sue? :)
Bloody hell - and we hadn't even got as far a the difficult second date!
Fool's top.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Sue Sanders wrote:Bloody hell - and we hadn't even got as far a the difficult second date!
Is that like the difficult second album?
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Michael Wallace wrote:
Sue Sanders wrote:Bloody hell - and we hadn't even got as far a the difficult second date!
Is that like the difficult second album?
Precisely, which is why the third date is likely to dissolve into an evening of petty wrangling - maybe even a fight.
Fool's top.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Sue Sanders wrote:Precisely, which is why the third date is likely to dissolve into an evening of petty wrangling - maybe even a fight.
Crazy. Maybe I should've tried this dating lark at some point, it sounds interesting at least.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Sorry Sue I was washing my hair. I don't think I'm washing my hair this evening so fancy meeting, errr....at my house at 8?
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Yeah, get the first date out of the way, then we can all witness the "difficult second date" at Gevins Bevins.