Friday 28th Aug

Round-by-round summaries of every game in recent series; for every series in the last 5 years, try cdb, the Countdown database. Obviously this forum contains spoilers!

Moderator: James Robinson

Allan Harmer
Enthusiast

Friday 28th Aug

Post by Allan Harmer »

Sorry about the delay on Friday's recap folks.

I forgot to reset my Sky Box after the break and I am using C4 On Demand which is really crappy with no rewind facility.

Then I almost got it done and then lost the recap when my m/c had to be rebooted so I have to start all over again - Grrrrr!

I'll try my best to get it done by tomorrow.

Cheers!
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Re: Friday 28th Aug

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Allan Harmer wrote:I am using C4 On Demand which is really crappy with no rewind facility.
You do know that you can skip back and forward by dragging the time slider underneath the playback window? It's a little bit approximate if you only want to skip back a few seconds, but I found I got used to it after a while and can usually locate the exact bit I want to within a second or two. It's easier if you're viewing full screen, as the overall length of the time bar is greater and so it's easier to make fine adjustments.

Edit: actually, I've just remembered that in ordinary (i.e. non-full screen) mode, dragging the slider displays a little time marker showing you where you're skipping to, which is probably more useful for your purposes.
Allan Harmer
Enthusiast

Post by Allan Harmer »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Allan Harmer wrote:I am using C4 On Demand which is really crappy with no rewind facility.
You do know that you can skip back and forward by dragging the time slider underneath the playback window? It's a little bit approximate if you only want to skip back a few seconds, but I found I got used to it after a while and can usually locate the exact bit I want to within a second or two. It's easier if you're viewing full screen, as the overall length of the time bar is greater and so it's easier to make fine adjustments.

Edit: actually, I've just remembered that in ordinary (i.e. non-full screen) mode, dragging the slider displays a little time marker showing you where you're skipping to, which is probably more useful for your purposes.
Thanks Phil - I couldn't find the time bar when I first started using it, so this is a great help. I will definitely be doing it this evening.

Cheers!
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Allan Harmer wrote:I will definitely be doing it this evening.
Oi oi!