Outnumbered

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Outnumbered

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

On on Saturday's at half 9, I think it is very funny, what do you guys think?
Ian Dent
Devotee

Re: Outnumbered

Post by Ian Dent »

I don't like it but the mother is very hot.
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Excellent stuff, the first series was much better then the second, but even so it's still worth watching.

Clare Skinner is indeed hot, but less so than about 10 years ago!!!!
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Ian Fitzpatrick wrote:Excellent stuff, the first series was much better then the second, but even so it's still worth watching.

Don't watch Mike Leigh's 'Life is Sweet if you don't want to see her looking like a boy (but do watch it if you enjoy great British low budget films)
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.
Martin Smith
Acolyte

Post by Martin Smith »

I like it, the dialogue feels very natural and it's probably the most realistic family on TV. The girl is the funniest of the kids. And Claire Skinner is indeed an 8/10.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I think it's quite good. Is there a new series on?
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Gavin Chipper wrote:I think it's quite good. Is there a new series on?
Yeah, series 3 may come in the Autumn.
Allan Harmer
Enthusiast

Post by Allan Harmer »

It is one of our favourites and we find it very funny.

The cast is excellent and I understand that a lot of it is improvised rather than scripted.

I think Hugh Denis is briliiant and my son was lucky enough to see him at Petersfield raiway station two weeks ago.
Martin Smith
Acolyte

Post by Martin Smith »

The improvisation aspect sets it apart from just about any other family-based sitcom, as the kids are so much more natural. One highlight was the girl's attitude to their new-agey flaky aunt Angela. The scene when they're in the car trying to come up with the biggest lie they can (to deglamourise lying to Ben, who's a compulsive liar) and she offers "I like Auntie Angela", leading mum to say "well, it's very nice of you to say that, but it doesn't really fit with the game we're playing". About 2 minutes later the girl clarifies that she was saying that as part of the game. By the way, Auntie Angela was in the car at the time.

The non-improvised stuff can be funny as well, especially Dad's beaten-down cynical attitude as a history teacher in a struggling school in a bad area. Another highlight was Karen's eulogy for her dead mouse ('ashes to ashes, dust to dust, may the Force be with you, because you're worth it' - presumably not improvised....)
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Sue Sanders wrote:
Ian Fitzpatrick wrote:Excellent stuff, the first series was much better then the second, but even so it's still worth watching.

Don't watch Mike Leigh's 'Life is Sweet if you don't want to see her looking like a boy (but do watch it if you enjoy great British low budget films)
That's her covered in chocolate is it?
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Ian Volante wrote:
Sue Sanders wrote:

That's her covered in chocolate is it?
Nope - that Jane Horrocks. Clare Skinner is the tomboy training to be a plumber.
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Seen two episodes of this in the last week and it's great. I dunno if it's the script or what, but I found myself not hating the children like I do with basically everything else there are children in (on TV, I don't include real life or posting on c4c in this opinion).
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Jon O'Neill wrote:Seen two episodes of this in the last week and it's great. I dunno if it's the script or what, but I found myself not hating the children like I do with basically everything else there are children in (on TV, I don't include real life or posting on c4c in this opinion).
Me too, I still find them funny even though they are repeats. However do you not dislike Jake just a bit? I find him to be my least favourite out of the 3 kids and I really really love Karen (on TV, I don't include real life in this opinion).
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Ryan Taylor wrote:
Jon O'Neill wrote:Seen two episodes of this in the last week and it's great. I dunno if it's the script or what, but I found myself not hating the children like I do with basically everything else there are children in (on TV, I don't include real life or posting on c4c in this opinion).
Me too, I still find them funny even though they are repeats. However do you not dislike Jake just a bit? I find him to be my least favourite out of the 3 kids and I really really love Karen (on TV, I don't include real life in this opinion).
Maybe a bit, yeah.
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

Ryan Taylor wrote:
Jake's usually a bit in the background anyway, his real life name does make him quite hateable mind...
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

I like Jake - my Mum says he's just like me ;-)
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Craig Beevers wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:
Jake's usually a bit in the background anyway, his real life name does make him quite hateable mind...
Is it Ravi Bopara?
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

Craig Beevers wrote:
Full name Lindzi James Tyger Drew-Honey. As if that wasn't hard enough on the poor sod, OMFG have you seen who his parents are?
Last edited by Liam Tiernan on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Liam Tiernan wrote:OMFG have you seen who his parents are?
Haha, wow.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Ryan Taylor wrote:I really really love Karen
Awww, Ryan, that's so sweet!

But I'm afraid it'll have to remain unrequited. Sorry. xx
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Adam Gillard wrote:Look what I found.
Haha lovely pencil.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Looks like Prune is outnumbered again.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...