Virgin poll

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.

How good do you want to be before you apply?

Teapot winner.
14%
Multiple winner.
10%
Octochamp.
29%
800 Club member.
14%
Series winner.
10%
Anagrammatic automaton.
10%
I have no plans to apply ever.
5%
I have applied already.
10%
I'm as good as I want to be already, and I'm just waiting for some other reason.
No votes

Total votes: 21

Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Virgin poll

Post by Charlie Reams »

This poll is for people who haven't been on the show yet. Just wondering. FTR my target was octochampdom, although by the time I filmed the first show I was happy just to avoid embarrassing myself on national television.
Kirk Bevins
God

Re: Virgin poll

Post by Kirk Bevins »

I voted in this poll based on what I felt like before I recorded this time around.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I'm not being one of those cocks who jumps on every poll ever made, but I think there's still probably people on this forum who would be happy to just 'be on the show', 'do it for the experience' and all that - i.e. 'teapot winner' probably isn't the lowest minimum requirement.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Matt Morrison wrote:I'm not being one of those cocks who jumps on every poll ever made, but I think there's still probably people on this forum who would be happy to just 'be on the show', 'do it for the experience' and all that - i.e. 'teapot winner' probably isn't the lowest minimum requirement.
Is that not covered by "I'm as good as I want to be already, and I'm just waiting for some other reason"?
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Matt Morrison wrote:I'm not being one of those cocks who jumps on every poll ever made, but I think there's still probably people on this forum who would be happy to just 'be on the show', 'do it for the experience' and all that - i.e. 'teapot winner' probably isn't the lowest minimum requirement.

Agree - I can't tell you how beautifully surreal it was to hear MYSELF saying, 'I'll have a vowel please, Carol'
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.
Neil Zussman
Enthusiast

Post by Neil Zussman »

There should probably be an option for 'Good enough to reach the quarters.' Multiple winner (to me at least) implies somebody who would like to win the first game, then win the second just to prove it wasn't a fluke, but be happy to lose the third. I had slightly higher aspirations than that before I started, but not as high as Octochamp, that was a bonus.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

I would not apply if I din't think I was good enough to win. Of course becoming an octochamp would be great but I would love to be a series champion.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Neil Zussman wrote:There should probably be an option for 'Good enough to reach the quarters.' Multiple winner (to me at least) implies somebody who would like to win the first game, then win the second just to prove it wasn't a fluke, but be happy to lose the third. I had slightly higher aspirations than that before I started, but not as high as Octochamp, that was a bonus.
Yeah, I guess you're right. I could've put 0 wins, 1 wins, 2-5 wins, etc, but that seemed a bit dull. Plus no one replies to polls unless they want to complain about the options, so I had to leave you all something to do.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

But at the minute I am not good enough to win a series.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Charlie Reams wrote:Yeah, I guess you're right. I could've put 0 wins, 1 wins, 2-5 wins, etc, but that seemed a bit dull. Plus no one replies to polls unless they want to complain about the options, so I had to leave you all something to do.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.