Wednesday recaps

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Adam Porter
Rookie

Wednesday recaps

Post by Adam Porter »

With Series 60 coming to an end, I feel this is a good time to retire from the Wednesday recaps. I've been doing them since Series 53, starting in March 2005. I don't know how many I've done, but I think it's probably enough!

I'm sure there'll be plenty of volunteers to take over.

Adam
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Wednesday recaps

Post by Charlie Reams »

Adam Porter wrote:I've been doing them since Series 53, starting in March 2005. I don't know how many I've done, but I think it's probably enough!
149! A remarkable innings, well done and thank you.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Cheers Adam. Nice one. You can't retire on 149 not out though!
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Well done sir. 149 recaps. Each as remarkable as the last.
Allan Harmer
Enthusiast

Post by Allan Harmer »

Well done Adam - 149 is certainly a great achievement.

You have more than done your bit for the cause and it is very much appreciated.

Cheers!
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Nobody seems to have put themselves forward for Wednesday recaps yet. If you think that a weekly commitment is too much, it could be shared between two (or more) people. After all, Monday, Tuesday and Friday recaps are all shared. And if you just want to try one to see how you like it, just have a go at one, today's for example. If you do want to consider trying today, say so here first, or else we could get a lot of recaps for today.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I could do it but I can only watch via 4OD, so my recaps would tend to be rather late, so would rather let someone else do it if possible.
Chris Philpot
Acolyte

Post by Chris Philpot »

I'm happy to be one half of an alternating team, but if I am out on a given Wednesday I'll have to recap from Sky+, and so probably wouldn't be able to get anything online before the evening at least (which probably isn't the end of the world). Nevertheless, I'd much rather work on/off with someone else. Perhaps a rota could be devised so that none get missed (less a problem now we have 4OD, admittedly).

And to begin, I'll sort out Wednesday 24th.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Nice to see a willing volunteer, Chris. :)

Anyone else willing to try alternate Wednesdays? You can have a go at just one, to see if you like it.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

ATM I'll try and do alternates with you Crisp.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Chris Philpot
Acolyte

Post by Chris Philpot »

As I mentioned in this Wednesday's recap, and for the benefit of those who don't check them very often, I am starting my second year of university life on Monday and so would like to take a break from the Wednesday recaps. I'd be happy to stay on as a 'relief' recapper when I pop home over reading weeks and such like, but would prefer it if someone else could take the reins during the majority of term-time as I'll not be in during the transmissions, won't have access to a recorder, and would prefer not to recap from 4oD given I'll be using a 10" screen!

Is anyone able to be the main Wednesday recapper for a little while? Many thanks in advance.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Chris Philpot wrote:As I mentioned in this Wednesday's recap, and for the benefit of those who don't check them very often, I am starting my second year of university life on Monday and so would like to take a break from the Wednesday recaps. I'd be happy to stay on as a 'relief' recapper when I pop home over reading weeks and such like, but would prefer it if someone else could take the reins during the majority of term-time as I'll not be in during the transmissions, won't have access to a recorder, and would prefer not to recap from 4oD given I'll be using a 10" screen!

Is anyone able to be the main Wednesday recapper for a little while? Many thanks in advance.
Jason Larsen will do it.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

I should be able to.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.