Countdown 13th April

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Countdown 13th April

Post by Douglas Wilson »

I've spent the morning off work sick and thus watched the half dozen or so episodes of Countdown I had missed from the current series on Youtube or 4OD. The only one I can't find on either is from the 13th April, can anyone suggest anywhere I can find it or possibly have a look on Youtube to see if it is there as I'm not very good with it.

Thanks

Doug
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Re: Countdown 13th April

Post by Jon Corby »

Lol, you can find quite alot written about that episode in various places - it's Sudbery's "first" show :D
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

Jon Corby wrote:Lol, you can find quite alot written about that episode in various places - it's Sudbery's "first" show :D
Cheers Jon, would rather watch it though.

Also am I supposed to know who Sudberry is? :oops:
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Douglas Wilson wrote:Also am I supposed to know who Sudberry is? :oops:
Yes.

She's lost her "mojo", but may be back here at some point.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

Anyone been able to find this episode, really want to see it.
kevin manthorpe
Rookie

Post by kevin manthorpe »

I'm not much of a roo-tuber myself, Doug, but did a few searches anyway. Couldn't find what you were after.

But I did find this: Gotcha which I hadn't seen before on the net. (Neither was I in the country then, and not yet a countdown afficionado FWIW)

You may have to make do with the recap of the game, inserting your own puns, teasers and origin of words. You might also have a look on the countdown database.

Or if you're really keen, maybe you could make a plea to the producers for access to a copy?

Good Luck!
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

Douglas Wilson wrote:Anyone been able to find this episode, really want to see it.
It's really not that good.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Jimmy Gough wrote:
Douglas Wilson wrote:Anyone been able to find this episode, really want to see it.
It's really not that good.
Bollocks, one of the most enjoyable episodes of the year thus far 8-)
Thomas Wood
Rookie

Post by Thomas Wood »

kevin manthorpe wrote:Or if you're really keen, maybe you could make a plea to the producers for access to a copy?
It doesn't work sadly I've tried it before. Michael and Mark used to do, they supplied the complete Gotcha episode that's on the channel about 10 years ago to a friend Jeff Wharton who then donated it to me. Damian doesn't supply them though, I think it's probably ITV that won't let him. Although I've never met him I'm sure he's a great guy and would if he could. It's a shame Yorkshire Television slowly died away whilst ITV was getting worse.