Box Pizza

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Andrew Hulme
Acolyte

Box Pizza

Post by Andrew Hulme »

This is basically a question which I've been wondering about for a little while...

Everyone here keeps going on about Box Pizza, which I gather is a pizza place somewhere in Leeds. Just out of curiosity really, is it the same place where I went pretty much every day during the BUCS snooker championships, which were held at the Northern Snooker Centre, about 100 yards away from YTV.

We walked past the right hand side of YTV as you look from the main road.. and the place we went to is just across the main road at the other side of the studios!

Not really an interesting or important question... but this place we went to was awesome, and I'm wondering if I share the affection for Box Pizza that so many people seem to!
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Box Pizza

Post by Charlie Reams »

Was it on a road parallel to Kirkstall Road? In some kind of H, perhaps? If so, probably yes.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Parallel.

Yes, I think it was.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

That sounds right. If you look at the map, the ITV Yorkshire studios are in the area at the upper left where it says "To Kirkstall". (The road linking Kirkstall Road and Burley Road is called, unsurprisingly, Studio Road.)

Incidentally, having looked at their website, I'm mortified to discover I've been getting their name wrong all this time. It's not Box Pizza at all; it's boxpizza.