Would I Lie to You? TV show

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Julie T
Kiloposter

Would I Lie to You? TV show

Post by Julie T »

They're currently booking free tickets for the shows being filmed in April.

Posting here as some forumites may be interested to know that Wednesday 1st April's show has Carol Vorderman and Jo Brand in it.

We're going, and there's still tickets according to website, but may be gone soon.
It also has the advantage that it's filmed at Pinewood, so there isn't the problem of getting into London or parking that TV stuff often has.

http://www.sroaudiences.com/

(click on 'current shows', and then 'Would I Lie to You?')
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Re: Would I Lie to You? TV show

Post by Kai Laddiman »

D'ya think I could get in with Carol's special permission? :)
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Kai Laddiman wrote:D'ya think I could get in with Carol's special permission? :)
It says the min age is 16, Kai. Maybe if they said 'Sorry, Kai' after each swear word? ;)
It might actually be a Health and Safety thing, who knows.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Julie T wrote:
Kai Laddiman wrote:D'ya think I could get in with Carol's special permission? :)
It says the min age is 16, Kai. Maybe if they said 'Sorry, Kai' after each swear word? ;)
That would be really funny and great cross pollination between shows.
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

I found this free tickets show for 12+, Kai, if you're interested, and can rope someone in to take you.
It's a Guinness Worlds Records show, again at Pinewood:

http://www.applausestore.com/applausest ... d=75&bid=1
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Unfortunately, having left an extra hour for traffic, the largest car park in the world that is the M25, meant that we arrived just in time to get in, but all the seats were filled.
You can understand, from the programme makers' point of view, that overbooking makes sure they have a good sized audience, but very annoying if you travel a long distance and get turned away.

Still, we were offered priority tickets for the Friday 10th recording, and set off even earlier, arriving in time to have a picnic in the holding tent after we received our wristbands! :)

Great fun! Jimmy Carr and Marcus Brigstock were amongst the pannelists. I'd expected it to last longer than the show, so they can pick out the best bits, but even taking into account a couple of retakes, there was about 2 hours of material for a half hour show! Brilliant evening was had by all. :D

I thoroughly recommend going to see a recording of a show you like, but do plan on getting there much earlier than the specified time if you want to make sure you get in. We got there (the second time) at 5:30pm for doors opening at 7pm, and there was a queue already! :o