Awesome music video

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Ben Wilson
Legend

Awesome music video

Post by Ben Wilson »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm9L60YBj3s 32 songs integrated seamlessly into one 8 minute-long tune.

(No, it's not a Rickroll... well, not entirely anyway ;))
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Re: Awesome music video

Post by Phil Reynolds »

That guy is seriously talented (and I like the way he brings the medley full circle at the end by having the Power Rangers theme tail off with a reprise of the Billie Jean riff). However, I had a look at his other stuff and I have to say that, for me, this one beats the "32 songs" medley hands down.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Phil Reynolds wrote:That guy is seriously talented (and I like the way he brings the medley full circle at the end by having the Power Rangers theme tail off with a reprise of the Billie Jean riff). However, I had a look at his other stuff and I have to say that, for me, this one beats the "32 songs" medley hands down.
Actually I would agree with you there, I just thought a slightly less obscure reference was needed to ease the members of this forum in. :)
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Phil Reynolds wrote:That guy is seriously talented (and I like the way he brings the medley full circle at the end by having the Power Rangers theme tail off with a reprise of the Billie Jean riff). However, I had a look at his other stuff and I have to say that, for me, this one beats the "32 songs" medley hands down.
Wow! His incredible talent aside, it's amazing the music mixing and video effects that can be done at home these days.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

I've been watching/listening to the Wind Waker piece continually (if not quite continuously) all day, and have done something I hate doing (because it annoys me when other people do it) which is to email virtually everyone in my address book with the link. I find it hard to imagine that anyone's day won't be brighter for watching it.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

If you liked that, you'll love this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzqumbhfxRo
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Jon O'Neill wrote:If you liked that, you'll love this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzqumbhfxRo
Excellent. Magic sticks!
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Julie T wrote:... it's amazing the music mixing and video effects that can be done at home these days.
Well, here's one I made earlier. Watch in HD. ;)
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD1ENnVnMXM
After Phil Hammond's last week I found this online. It's awesome and now I'm listening to it on repeat. I'm such a child.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Kirk Bevins wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD1ENnVnMXM
After Phil Hammond's last week I found this online. It's awesome and now I'm listening to it on repeat. I'm such a child.
Possible alternative to a Warm Up round at the next COLEI?
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Off-topic much? :P
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Of course Hammond must really know that Big Fish, Little Fish, Cardboard Box predates Bob the Builder.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Remember this guy?
Phil Reynolds wrote:for me, this one beats the "32 songs" medley hands down [...] I find it hard to imagine that anyone's day won't be brighter for watching it.
Well, he's still doing some insanely talented multi-tracking, at home, on the same red sofa. Oh, and he's released a rather serious-sounding album. But I prefer the fun, nerdy stuff, especially the original link above which has put me in the mood for Christmas. :D
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Phil Reynolds wrote:Remember this guy?
Phil Reynolds wrote:for me, this one beats the "32 songs" medley hands down [...] I find it hard to imagine that anyone's day won't be brighter for watching it.
Well, he's still doing some insanely talented multi-tracking, at home, on the same red sofa. Oh, and he's released a rather serious-sounding album. But I prefer the fun, nerdy stuff, especially the original link above which has put me in the mood for Christmas. :D
If you like this guy, you'll probably like Sam Tsui and Mike Tompkins who are just a couple of the seemingly shedloads of people who are impressively good at this sort of thing.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Michael Wallace wrote:If you like this guy, you'll probably like Sam Tsui and Mike Tompkins who are just a couple of the seemingly shedloads of people who are impressively good at this sort of thing.
Hmmm, they don't really float my boat I'm afraid. I can appreciate the technical skill of what they're doing, but their preferred genres of music don't coincide with mine in the way that Freddie's do.