Heardle

Cerebral distractions of every kind, mostly but not exclusively Countdown-related.

Moderator: Michael Wallace

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Heardle

Post by Marc Meakin »

Does anyone play daily
Its kinda my routine I start with the normal Heardle, then do Heardle decades 60s thru to 00s the finally Heardle 90s glitch me.
I think I have got them all once in a day.
With me it's either within 4 seconds or not at all
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Heardle

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I do a few of the heardle things. Heardle, 80s, 80s number 1s, and two lots of 90s and 2000s. So seven of them.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Since being bought by Spotify, Heardle has seen an overwhelming shift in its answers to being mostly from the last 10 years, and as such, I've gone off it, because I don't know any of the answers. (And with this message, Mark fully transitioned into middle age.)
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

100% agree. It's gone shite. And not only is it modern stuff but it's like album tracks, not singles that you might have had a chance of hearing.
Andres Sanchez
Enthusiast

Post by Andres Sanchez »

I really enjoyed Heardle to begin with, but I haven't really kept up with it to be all honest. Don't know what stopped me.
One of da 'Muricans
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I probably wouldn't do Heardle if I didn't do it as part of a larger thing with the 80s ones etc.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Mark James wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:47 pm 100% agree. It's gone shite. And not only is it modern stuff but it's like album tracks, not singles that you might have had a chance of hearing.
Heardle decades is better at least it covers from the 60s to the 00s and also there is a flip version but I'm crap at guessing music played backwards.
Decades is interesting and frustrating in equal measures there is a 80s #1s but it's always US no 1s and some of the 60s and 70s I've never heard of as they weren't hits over here.
Also some intros are album versions or more modern edits
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

The "official" Heardle stopped about a week ago. There's still other (better ones) available anyway. Also, it's weird how they made it get worse, and not just the music choices (as others have discussed). When you were skipping through the sections, the timing was often badly synchronised, so sometimes you'd press too late and have to go back to the beginning when you didn't want to. Also, it used to play 30 seconds or so of the song once you'd finished it. Latterly it just stopped. So if you got it after e.g. 2 seconds, you'd hear nothing more. These are two things that weren't initially a problem, so they made an active decision to make the game worse. Especially the first one, which is a bug that they introduced and didn't bother fixing.

Anyway, I put "official" in quotes, because although it was the official Heardle, in a wider context it was just another unofficial spin-off from Wordle.