Board Game Nights On Discord?

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Andres Sanchez
Enthusiast

Board Game Nights On Discord?

Post by Andres Sanchez »

Hey guys, I've recently started to bring about some board games on Board Game Arena. Lost of board games are available there and making an account is free. With this, I've been hosting some board game nights and there's been some solid interest in it. So far we've been playing games like Letter Tycoon and Hardback and we've been using the Apterous Discord to communicate. However, I've been wanting to know who else would be interested in doing things like this.

With this though, there may be questions that arise and I'll answer those here:

What's BoardGameArena?
It's a site where you're able to play many types of board games, especially the ones mentioned. Making an account on the site to play any games is ABSOLUTELY FREE.

What's Letter Tycoon/Hardback?
Both of these are word-making games, both with different outcomes.

Letter Tycoon's premise is to make words, buy letters, and buy patents to build stock; all of these things help in earning points.

Hardback's game is a bit more of a deck-building game involving word-making.

Both of these games have tutorials that can be found on Youtube, here are the best ones I found of each:

Letter Tycoon
Hardback

What's Discord?
Basically Skype for gamers. We just use it to call each other as we play since, on BGA, it costs a bit to do an audio and video call. Thankfully, Discord accounts are ALSO FREE to make. Right now I'm deciding on whether on using the Discord we currently use or making a separate server so we can all chat. I'll give an update on that once I finally decide and send a link when possible, but trust me that a Discord server link WILL be given on here in due time.

Who's this "we"?
So far it's been me, Callum, and Maus mainly, of course with the other people being Ronan, Wesley B, and Jack who I hear is an absolute master at Hardback.

If there are any other questions you lot may have, leave them here. I would love to get more people interested in doing this kind of thing, and maybe even branch into other board games! And if you have any other board games you wanna put up on here that you think others might enjoy, leave them in here too. Hope to hear from some of you guys!
One of da 'Muricans