Spoilers for Friday 10th June 2022 (Series 85, QF2)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Philip A
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Friday 10th June 2022 (Series 85, QF2)

Post by Philip A »

R2: EIRENICS from me, PINERIES from Ryan Lam.
Series 78 Runner-up
Ryan Lam
Enthusiast

Re: Spoilers for Friday 10 June 2022 (S85, QF2)

Post by Ryan Lam »

One week ago all of us were probably soaking in the Platinum Jubilee celebrations wherever you were and now, we're wrapping up the week with a Policeman and Teacher. The party's over, that's right, just don't do funny stuff in front of these two occupations or you'll get into serious trouble :lol: Alright moving along...

Letters: Excellent R4 with ARBORIST and BURRITOS, but it's Matt who steals the spotlight with his words such as UNPRAISE in R5 and DIOPTASE in R7. The real blows came hard and fast in the last third of the show, with him spotting MANNIDES in R11 and TELOGEN in R12. These also probably sealed Dan's fate as well :(

Numbers: Matt goes for his rarest choice, 3 Large but it was a tough one with Rachel's solution being the only one possible. After fumbling on an easy selection in R6, Matt decides to play safe with his usual 2 Large, but unfortunately it was too safe with an easy R9 :( Dan finally gets to have his 6 Small selection come true before bowing out in defeat in R14, and both him and Matt matched out so all was good in the end I guess. :)

Conundrum: Maybe today's Teatime Teasers gave us a feeling that the Conundrum would be as hard as those two words, but it turns out it was the complete opposite (at least for me). Matt buzzes in quickly to get the word and like Dan yesterday, still maintains wins with at least 100 points and wins with the same winning score, man this is some coincidence! :)

The game was closely fought all the way until the last third as mentioned earlier. I thought the game was going to end with a margin of 45 points initially and I nearly wanted to change it, but in the end, it stood at 48 points, not far off from my predictions after all. Dan, you gave your all today but it was not enough to see you advance further. Thank you for getting us interested in birdwatching as well (my mum somehow has taken an interest in it and now snaps photos of them!) and it's a hobby I'm sure you will enjoy. Continue to have that passion in teaching German literature, how I wish Susie was here so that she could converse and share things regarding that, but oh well, sometimes things don't always go to plan.

Coming up next week, it's "The contestant who saw the transition between Dr. Anne and Rachel (plus 2021 and 2022)" Steve Hyde versus "Yet another teacher, but his students are definitely younger" Ronan Mackrory. One final week of a full series with Anne Robinson to go, time really flies...

Progress:
QF1 (09 June): Dan Byrom (#1) vs Craig Fawcett (#8) (106 - 27)
QF2 (10 June): Matt O'Connor (#2) vs Dan Hall (#7) (106 - 58)
QF3 (13 June): Steve Hyde (#3) vs Ronan Mackrory (#6)
QF4 (14 June): Ryan Carlsen (#4) vs Adrian Fletcher (#5)
SF1 (15 June): Dan Byrom (QF1 Winner) vs (QF4 Winner)
SF2 (16 June): Matt O'Connor (QF2 Winner) vs (QF3 Winner)
GF (17 June): (SF1 Winner) vs (SF2 Winner)
Ronan M Higginson
Enthusiast

Post by Ronan M Higginson »

Great game once again today. Well played Dan, and congratulations to Matt on making it to the Semis Image
Toby McDonald
Kiloposter

Post by Toby McDonald »

Easier R6 Alt.: 100*5-(10+1)*7 = 423
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Toby McDonald wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:44 pm Easier R6 Alt.: 100*5-(10+1)*7 = 423
Me too.
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

Great work from Matt making it into the semis unlucky for Dan but it is something to be proud of,
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
Paul Anderson
Enthusiast

Post by Paul Anderson »

Well done Matt, some quality spots! Sorry I missed it